lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Default What am I missing here?

I have a 1990 EzGo with the 3pg 2 stroke engine. My coil was all corroded inside and it was taking longer to start so I opted to do the HEI mod. It worked for about 15 minutes and ran good. Still had a slow start but found it to be the spark plug carbon fouled so I upgraded to the NGK Iridium plug bkr5eix and gapped it at .032 like was mentioned. It ran for about 10 minutes and then died and now it just sits there and turns over. I swapped the pulsar wires and still nothing. I ohmed out the Pulsar coil at 155 which seems in range of good. I ohmed out the HEI coil and it gave me .4 which indicates good. I ohmed out the output of the coil and it gave me 8,400 which is good. I put a test light on the Ignition Module coil lead to ground and it lights when the pedal is pushed showing it is indeed getting the signal. I removed and inspected the fuel pump and its working with no tears. I now have no spark again. What is the deal? What am I missing?
The Hurling Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What am I missing here?

I don't have a compression tester but it seems to have good compression.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I mentioned it in your other post but did you verify the grounding to the HEI components?

I wouldn't really worry about compression right now without spark it doesn't really matter
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
The Hurling Buffalo
Not Yet Wild

Checked the compression and it is 122psi on top of the piston. I am pretty sure the crank seals are the culprit now to do some dogging for those threads lol.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #5
rib33024

Buffalo. It's a lot easier to help you fix you problem if you keep it all in one thread. Starting more than one thread about the same cart, makes it hard to keep up with the info about your cart
rib33024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO