lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2016, 02:34 PM   #1
dbix
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo marathon slow start

I HAVE A 1993 MARATHON
My cart has been running fine and then last week it didn't want to move after coaxing it a bit it started to move slowly and after about 10 mins of driving it seemed ok. Now it does this everyday. Could this be a problem with the motor or the Curtis 1204?
dbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo marathon slow start

could be a lot of things...do you have a DVM? start tracing voltage....there are testing procedures posted....the more info you have the more we can help you track down the prob....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
dbix
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Mutant, i will get the cart back in a few weeks and start tracing then.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
dbix
Not Yet Wild

I got my cart out today and after investigation the double microswiutch on the back of the fnr switch was bent over(like a rock got lodged in it0.
I starightened it out and now have good forward but low torque in reverse. Where is the best place to get replacement microswitches. I have a spare fnr swicth that i replaced the bars on and would like to put that in.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #5
dbix
Not Yet Wild

nope, that didn't fix it!
When I first step on the pedal it barely moves. we give it a push and it goes about a mile an hour and gradually gets faster. after about 10 minutes it runs fine. I'm thinking the motor brushes may be worn out or the moor is loaded up with dust as our campground has dusty gravel roads.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO