lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
HondaHarry
Not Yet Wild

Post 2pg Flywheel Question. Is there more than one?

Hey there folks. I have a flywheel and timing question on my 87. I recently rebuilt the complete engine. The Crank assembly looked like the one I removed, there was no part number on the shrink wrap.
After assembly the motor started quickly, runs, however the cart has less power.
I checked all the obvious and then removed the front case to check the timing.
Its about 60 degrees BTDC What?
I pulled the flywheel off to check if timing is adjustable on it. Nope.
Noticed the end of crank looks to be lobed. Like maybe it works on a points version of motor. So my question is, Is there a different early model flywheel for a points version of the 2pg?
HondaHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2pg Flywheel Question. Is there more than one?

How did you check the timing ? It can only be checked with the engine running in forward at 1500 +or- 200 rpm and with a timing light. Alignment with the slit line on the shroud and the embossed line on the cooling fan. You should see 18 deg. +or- 3 deg. To adjust remove the flywheel and move the pulser plate left or right of center or marked location on the block and the plate. You will find the mark on the shroud by removing the blower housing screen. Hope this helps

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

You may try this look in the L section of the manual.

LOU
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 85-EZGO(2) (1) (1) (1).pdf (6.71 MB, 0 views)
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
HondaHarry
Not Yet Wild

Thanks folks for the response. I believe I have figured this out. There are some previous owner scribes that I had mistaken for factory timing lines on the flywheel. After verifying TDC in relation to the flywheel, I was able to see the timing is closer to spec. Not the first wrong thing I've assumed on this darn cart.
HondaHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO