lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Whats it worth

Hi all,

My neighbor has a 2008 MPT 1200 that he is looking to sell. He has several of these workhorse carts, but this one is not one of the raised model with the higher profile and larger wheels and tires.

The cart is in fairly good condition with good tires, good body panels and the front cowl is also in condition. The hour meter is not hooked up, so I have no idea what the hours are.

The truck body in back is in average condition and complete. The seats are good with no tears or stains, and the floor mats have no tears.

The engine and drivetrain appear to be fine.

All in all this is a fairly nice cart.

Recently a older fellow moved into the area and has inquired into purchasing this cart as it has a lower profile. With the lower profile he is able to get in and out easier.
My neighbor is willing to sell the cart as he is looking to get a higher profile cart, and has already started looking at new buggy's.

Would anyone have a general idea of what this cart is worth ?

I have been looking at EBAY for an idea but workhorse's are not that often listed. Any help would be appreciated.
reggie dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whats it worth

2008 was the crossover year from the MCI350 engine to the single-cylinder 13hp Kawasaki, the newer Kawasaki drivertrains had a lot of problems with the driven clutches until 2011, just an FYI - they actually had a recall on the early ones but not a lot of the carts went in for it, so just be aware that a new set of TEAM clutches will set You back $500 if You have the old style and the driven lets go (which is generally a "when" not an "if") ...

Around here a standard 1200 if average to good condition would go for $1800-2200 with the old style 350, an extra $300 or so with the Kawasaki engine (which like I said above isn't really a "bonus" at all) - $3000-3400 is a fair number for the lifted model with the 10" tires, split seat and E-brake, etc. That's just a number for around *here* though, as a rule when we get Workhorses through the shop I list them in Northern or Central WI, people up there are willing to spend a good $500 more than around here (availability, I would assume) and are willing to make the drive to get them. I'd hit Craigslist in cities for around say a hundred mile radius from you and see where they're going for the most money and the least, use that as a rough guide.

PS: Don't make the usual mistake of comparing prices with the Club Car Carryalls - those are worth a LOT less around here and in my experience should be, I have yet to have one come through without broken welds in the bed at least and on the majority, in the frame too.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whats it worth

Thanks Brew City,
Great bit of information. I just passed this on to my neighbor who was very surprised. He had figured maybe $1200.00 ,$1400.00 tops. I had thought more than he,but I really did not know, mine was just a guess.

Thanks for the help.

Reggie
reggie dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO