lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
Smee112488
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stereo Install...and other miscellaneous wiring questions

Hey guys,

Back again and I've been searching through the forums and I haven't quite found what I've got in my head, so not sure if it is going to work or not. I've been looking at some options for my 2001 ez Go and what I've come up with in my head is an overhead radio console, however I've also been brainstorming putting the fuse panel and switch panel overhead as well where all the wiring is contained in the unit except for the main power and ground running down the inside of support post to the aux battery. The switches will control radio power, interior led lights, underbody lights, and possibly a front light bar. My only concern is ive never messed with those overhead consoles before and I'm not sure if they have enough room inside to accommodate what I'm asking. I don't like a lot of wires running everywhere and I love a clean neat look, I just want to know if my brain child is feasible.

Thanks for entertaining me on this, and thanks in advance for your advice.
Smee112488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stereo Install...and other miscellaneous wiring questions

If you have one like mine, it "should" do this, but why? You can actually fish 4 12 AWG wires - two to and two from - through the roof support. Easier to do one on one side and one on the other side.

If I understand you, you'd have to remove the console to change a fuse.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Why not just feed juice to the stereo, dome light, and overhead tail light from a fuse block under the seat, and put any switches on the dash?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0787.jpg (240.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #4
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you want the controls overhead, maybe you would want to consider using relays.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:56 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yep, that would be smaller wires. The only wires I have going to my "roof" are two pair of 1kV for my Xenon wig-wags, a pair for my Barney Fife rotary siren, a pair for my stereo, a pair for my dome light, and a pair for my rear light.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #6
Smee112488
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stereo Install...and other miscellaneous wiring questions

I've done some more thinking and I agree with you yurtle, it was a good thought in theory, but not so good in practice. I found a switch panel that I liked and I'm going to install it on the dash and I've changed my mind on the radio and changed to the Bluetooth speakers and amp mounted between the seats. Would you mount fuse box inside battery compartment, or inside glovebox?

Also Yurtle your cart sounds more tricked out then my patrol car. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #7
Smee112488
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I was also thinking about some charging solutions for my aux battery. What about this?

Mounted inside the battery box then this mounted on the outside

That way no cords running under my seat and I can just plug it in when I plug in my cart charger

Old 02-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #8
marianol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes the dash is a better idea, I put the fuse bank under the seat next to the aux battery, the rule of the thumb is that fusebox should be as close as possible.

Re: Audio. I have the setup you are thinking about and I love it. I have a Rockford Fosgate Prime Amp and I hooked this puppy to it https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...dp/B00I59VBH4/
And just connect my phone via bluetooth.

-
I like your idea of the plug and on board charger for the AUX battery. Need to do something like that for mine. Weekend project :)

Found this one https://www.amazon.com/Motopower-MP0...dp/B01E4666KS/ that look really nice but not sure if it is too small..

And this for the inlet.
https://www.amazon.com/Journeyman-Pr...dp/B01E6N0XFI/
marianol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #9
Smee112488
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

This is my audio solution, I saw several people on here going with that and I think it will work good for my needs.

Also the plug that I had was a little different. Instead of having to wire it up it is actually just a waterproof holder for the plug so you just insert the plug from the charger into the back and your done.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #10
marianol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Also the plug that I had was a little different. Instead of having to wire it up it is actually just a waterproof holder for the plug so you just insert the plug from the charger into the back and your done.
Nice I'll look into that! Thanks for the idea.

The Audio solution looks interesting!
marianol is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO