lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 12:34 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Keep melting heavy duty forward reverse switch

Going back to buy a 3rd "heavy duty" switch from RH or ? - I hope not. Spend a few dollars more and get something truly heavier duty EZ575.
Friends don't let friends by RH or Nivel HD F&Rs
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 06:23 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Going back to buy a 3rd "heavy duty" switch from RH or ? - I hope not. Spend a few dollars more and get something truly heavier duty EZ575.
Friends don't let friends by RH or Nivel HD F&Rs

smokey tennis shoe.....I have one of Scotty's HD F&R's in my cart.....been running it for the last 4 years.....I have run it long and hard at times.....and has never failed......and I'm running a 500 amp system.

and to be honest......if I were you....I would also seriously consider a matched cable set.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-cables.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Here is a picture of my second F\R switch (and a HD one at that) that I installed after my first one melted. This second one "toasted" about two or three months after the install.:

Needless to say I was frustrated. So, I came to these forums to once again get rescued and once again I was. I purchased a set of ScottyB's crimped and soldered wires (yes...the entire set) along with a Super Duty reversing contactor. I installed all of this about two years ago and have not had one wire even get close to warm....nor have I smelled "the melt", nor have I broken my stinking wrist changing from forward to reverse and vice-versa anymore. It's the best investment you can make.

You know the old saying.....Buy once....cry once. But long term, you just charge your cart, keep the terminals clean, and drive. Oh and then drive. And BTW.....did I say drive? Yeah.....it's been that nice!!!

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:57 AM   #14
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

I like the idea of scottys reversing contactor set up

I looked at his website, and his typical setups are not shown for this beast i have . ( 42 volt, ge controller with its converter box) So I will email him and see if he can customize instructions for my sitch.

Again, thanks for all the info and pictures, and to all who chimed in here, Thanks for your time and input!!

I need to get this project done, " Git Er Done"
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Smokey.....one thing is fore sure....Scotty's THE MAN.....if he can't get-r-done.....NOBODY can!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #16
Mark Mc
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for this Post - I just came from an EzGo Dealer and was told that my 04 CC Villager 8 with Jake lift was going to be a continuous problem with the FNR switch - good to see there is an alternative. - ordered the SW-182 and can't wait to see the results
Mark Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm not easy on any of my things, but my ScottyB HD FNR has been serving me well since 2011. As an engineer, I know a reversing contactor is better, but unlike most engineers, I actually like the simplicity of what I have, and appreciate that I can't kill it, despite my best efforts.

Ask folks what I do to my motor as far as RPMs.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:27 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mc View Post
Thanks for this Post - I just came from an EzGo Dealer and was told that my 04 CC Villager 8 with Jake lift was going to be a continuous problem with the FNR switch - good to see there is an alternative. - ordered the SW-182 and can't wait to see the results
As one who has the SD model, you will love it. Since I installed mine...has to be 3 or 4 years now......I don't even think about heated wires at the switch!! It doesn't happen!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO