lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #11
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Batteries, maybe made it 1 mile

Thanks yurtle, I need to test the solenoid as soon as I can get some time this weeek
Wildlifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #12
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks yurtle, I need to check the solenoid this week when I get some time
Old 06-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My knowledge is limited to series buggies. Just to be sure (though I'm pretty sure), check here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If it's a series cart, get a wiring diagram for you cart from the stickies. If you have an ITS, we have the same thing. If you have a pot box, nearly the same thing.

With a series, the solenoid clicking is one circuit (small wires) and the power delivery system (larger cables) is the other circuit. If the solenoid always clicks, the problem lies in the power delivery/higher amperage/larger cable circuit. That includes batteries, controller, FNR, motor, and all cables and connectors.

If the solenoid always clicks, but only wants to go in one direction, I'd focus on the FNR.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlifer View Post
Let it sit for one hour, forward did nothing, put it in reverse and it took off, I drove it maybe 200 yards and into the garage on a steep driveway. The. Arteries we're at 6.25; I plugged in the charger and it was pulling 18 amps
I took this to mean the batteries are. Sometimes our smart phones ain't so smart.

Once the batteries are fully charged, try forward and reverse, since we need repeatable results to help narrow it down. Let us know if the solenoid clicks both F and R, but if it only runs in R.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #16
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Haha yeah yurtle I meant batteries. It's a series, I'll check on ITS or pot. Thanks so much for taking the time. I'll hopefully have time tomorrow evening to run through it.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:38 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

ITS vs. Pot is really irrelevant. It just means your wiring diagram will look different. Either way, either an ITS or a pot tells the controller how fast to go, and as I've said, the controller and solenoid don't know or care whether it's told by the FNR to go forward or reverse (with the exception of 1/2 speed reverse).
Old 07-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #18
Wildlifer
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for such a long delay Yurtle. It is working forward and reverse but it just stops every now and then. I put switch it from reverse back to forward, sometimes a couple of times before it will go again. Once I get it going again it seems to do fine unless I am on a steep long grade. We have a lot of those in the neighborhood.

When it goes up these long steep hills or up my steep driveway it will start a fast clicking and start to slow down. Would that be the solenoid? Is the FNR switch causing the intermittent stops?

Thanks in advance again.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO