lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #11
Robp850
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No click in the solenoid

The reverse beep works. I removed the pedal switch and connected the 2 wires and turned the ignition snitch in and nothing happens...
Robp850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #12
racin161
Gone Wild

Check the fuse in the fuse holder
LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:10 AM   #13
Robp850
Not Yet Wild

I connetthe 2 wires from the pedal switch together and turned the ignition switch on and nothing happens
Old 03-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #14
Robp850
Not Yet Wild

The fuse is good
Old 03-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #15
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Let's break this down so we are all on the same page.

Your fuse is good. It's sending power to the hot side of the key switch. We know that because your reverse buzzer works.

Your pedal switch is most likely good because jumping it did nothing. The problem is somewhere else.
This is what we don't know....
Is power coming out of the key switch?
Is the neutral safety switch good?
Is the solenoid good?
Is the solenoid to ground connection good?

You changed the solenoid, so let's backup to the key switch, and the neutral safety switch.
The neutral switch is located on the passenger side of the FnR switch. It makes contact in both directions. (Your buzzer switch is located directly opposite of it on the driver's side.) Jump the neutral switch, turn on the key, and step on the pedal. What happens?

If nothing happens, you need to jump the key switch next.

If you have a meter, you can do all of the testing without jumping anything. You would just be looking for 12 volts.

Did you check for corrosion at the positive battery terminal? Sometimes it crawls up inside the red wire where it can't be seen. There will be some power, but not enough to activate the solenoid.

Did you check the ground wire from the small terminal on the solenoid to the large lug at the bottom of the FnR switch? It needs a good clean connection too.

Eliminate each switch, and connection one at a time, and you will find the problem.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #16
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I shall bow out now to leave Cart around to continue as i was mistakenly seeing the later model wiring in my head and forgot about the neutral safety switch and reverse order of ignition switch and pedal switch when i described the circuit LOL.

Good luck.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:14 AM   #17
Robp850
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone for your help. I cleaned up all my ground wires and the wires coming from the FnR switch to the starter generator and that gave me some movement in the starter but was weak. Took starter out and replaced the brushes and now she runs great!!!
Old 03-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #18
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

guyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO