lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
sean8699
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2013 48v Precedent won't move

A couple of weeks ago, I went to use the cart and got no response, no click of the solenoid when I attempted to pick up my son from the bus stop.

I did some research on this site and was able to diagnose a failed solenoid. Ok, no problem, since I was going to have the cart apart anyway, I decided to order an Alltrax 500amp controller, 2 GA wires and a 400 amp solenoid from Scottyb.

Just finished installing everything this past weekend, but it still will not go.

I don't hear the solenoid click. I checked the large and small terminals. The small negative terminal isn't receiving the ground input from the controller.

The Alltrax software doesn't see forward or reverse input (but there is continuity in the switch and I was able to trace the forward/reverse wires to the controller) and it does see the pedal input and it increases and decreases smoothly (so I think the MCOR is ok).

What else can I check?
sean8699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 48v Precedent won't move

Does you cart have or had an OBC? if so has it been by-passed?

On the Alltrax monitor screen, does it show the charger plugged in?

The monitor screen should show You what is missing (Key switch, foot switch, Forward or Reverse, HPD satisfied and Battery Voltage).

Also, make sure there are no error flags.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
sean8699
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The cart still has the OBC, I used the stud that came with the cable kit from Scottyb.

On the monitor screen, it only shows the charger plugged in when the charger is plugged in.

Key Switch - Y
Foot Switch - Y (when pressed)
Forward/Reverse - N
HPD Satisfied - False
Battery Voltage - 50.9

No Error flags shown.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure the orange wire did not come unplugged from the center of the FNR switch.

If the orange wire is plugged to the switch, make sure it has +48v.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
sean8699
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Orange wire is plugged in, but it isn't getting 48v. I think this may be my problem, I'll trace the wire through the harness to see if I can find the failure point.

Power is going to the front of the cart and the fuse that the Orange wire eventually meets up with as a red wire is good, so it is somewhere in between.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Most likely the "sonic weld" that splits that red wire from the Tow/Run fuse into the orange (FNR), white (OBC), green (Key switch)...
Old 03-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #7
sean8699
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That appears to be the case. I did a quick test with a replacement wire from the FNR switch to the other side of the sonic weld and now the solenoid clicks and the cart moves! Thanks Sergio!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car