lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
whiskeyrun
Not Yet Wild

Default mixing oil and gas

Hello everyone just a quick question about the 40 to 1 gas mix for newly rebuilt 2pg, as I completely rebuilt my 2pg as suggested on here to run a tank of 40 to 1 then 128 to 1 after. now my question is this when referencing a tank are we talking the complete tankful as i think my cart holds somewhere around 5 to 6 gals or are we talking 1 gal of premix 40 to 1 then from there on 128 to 1 ....anyone with any suggestions please chime in thanks for the help ...
whiskeyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: mixing oil and gas

I would go for the entire tank.

Here comes the big but...…..

But, I would only mix one gallon at a time. It takes so long to use a gallon, you don't want 5 gallons sitting in there. I mix one sometimes 2 gallons, and always put Seafoam in every can of gas that I buy. It's a good bet against the ethanol gumming up the pump, and carburetor.

Don't waste your money on high octane gas. It's not any cleaner, doesn't provide any more power, and most likely has even more ethanol in it to raise the octane rating.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #3
whiskeyrun
Not Yet Wild

Hello cart around, thank you for your quick response and yes i only mixed 2 gals for it like you suggested and i thought about, it dose take awhile to run fuel down in these carts and don't like it sitting any longer than i have to but one gal might leave me stranded ...lol but yes i also like the seafoam idea i wish they would get rid of ethanol all together but im sure that wont happen, but thank you once again for the imput and i will continue with 40 to 1 for at least 5 gals .....one other question what do you normally gap your plug at im running a bp5hs
whiskeyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I have done the HEI mod on mine, It has been a while, but I opened it up over .030".

This is an educational read. http://www.briskusa.com/spark_plug_g...plug_gap_chart
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO