lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2018, 06:05 AM   #1
eliw3
Not Yet Wild

Red face 2005 TXT-Solenoid Bypass

Hello,

I'm new to the golf cart world so, hang with me. I purchased a 05 TXT back in February. The guy I bought it from had installed a solenoid bypass button. He told me that on cold mornings, you'll have to use it to get the cart to start. No big deal, I thought. On cold mornings I would use the button and the cart would magically fire up. Well now, It's a must to get the cart to start. It started out where I could push the button and it would take off and run good the rest of the day. Now I have to push the button after every stop. I will also note that the starter belt has been giving me trouble too. It had gotten to where it was slipping, so I replaced it. Now it'll spin, but may not grab every time. I've got it as tight as it needs to be, but still not acting right. All of this started happening at the same time. It may be related, maybe not. I'm not sure. Now, let's go another step forward. When I push the bypass button, a lot of times I also have to pull the choke to get it to go. What's going on with my cart? Do I need to replace the solenoid? Do I need a new starter? Do I need both? Thanks for the help. I'm new to this, so I'm lost as can be!

Thanks,
Eli
eliw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2018, 06:57 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT-Solenoid Bypass

If the belt still slips, and doesn't grab every time, then it's still not as tight as it needs to be.

I'm curious about this "solenoid bypass button". How big are the wires that are attached to it?

If they are not as thick as battery cables, you are not bypassing the solenoid.

It kind of sounds like you could use a set of brushes, and need to clean some wire connections too. Though , I would not say that definitely without more information.

Post some pictures of this monstrosity.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #3
eliw3
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. The wires on the button aren’t big. I’ve attached a couple of pics. It’s to the point to where I have to hold it down to get it to start. The switch has one wire connected to the solenoid and one wire connected to the battery. Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6AAAA5BC-73BB-4D2F-AFFC-B60153E2D9B4.jpg (16.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FEF9408F-D877-4605-BBBF-DE4AD0A3A5AC.jpg (16.7 KB, 0 views)
eliw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The first thing you should do is read up on adjusting the valves to .004" clearance. That should fix having to choke it for every start.

Your pictures are too small to see anything, so let me ask a few questions.

Which half of the battery is your bypass hooked to? Positive, or negative?

Which terminal of the solenoid is it connected to? There are 4 choices.

A- Large lug connected to battery positive.
B- Large lug connected to starter
C- Small terminal connected to switches
D- Small terminal connected to ground.

I suspect battery positive, and terminal C. That would bypass the entire start circuit, and activate the solenoid.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO