lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #21
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Problem With Rxv

ramsey - I know you aren't wanting your cart fixed for free or by faking warranty records - I was just following up on the comment left by another poster...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #22
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How is having the guy you bought the cart from getting it fixed under warranty affecting a dealership? All I was trying to say is to have him get it fixed since it wouldn't cost him for warranty repairs. I wasn't saying have the dealership fake a receipt saying he was the original owner.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #23
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
How is having the guy you bought the cart from getting it fixed under warranty affecting a dealership? All I was trying to say is to have him get it fixed since it wouldn't cost him for warranty repairs. I wasn't saying have the dealership fake a receipt saying he was the original owner.
Didn't read it that way, sorry. I guess if someone brought me their cart and they were the original owner, yet had sold the unit to another person and didn't relay that information on to me that I would never know. Good point.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #24
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I may have been unclear on how I said it I hear that alot from the wife. I just hope he can get his cart fixed and get to enjoying it how ever it works out.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #25
navara20030
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramseygsd View Post
Hello Everyone!
This is my first post... Great forum, everyone here is helpful and friendly. I enjoy reading everyone's threads and responses.

I've acquired an used '07 RXV and it's a basket case. At first it would run and while driving it and die, now it's dead. The 4 batteries and all connection are cleaned and good. When turning key to "REV" warning horn sounds, but cart won't move when pressing pedal. I don't have a wiring scehmatic nor have I found one. I haven't read any threads on RXV model. Any suggestion?
Gents, E-Z-GO did make RXV's in '07. Pilot machines were sent down the line on numerous occasions. I was at the RXV launch and drove the vehicle at the distributor launch golf day in October 07, we had 150 cars available. I'm sure these will have been sold as ex-demo vehicles by now.

The RXV has had a few 'teething' problems. Your description is one of them.

The brake and throttle uses identical sensor switches that have been known to let moisture in to the workings, causing malfunction.

Also, if the brake pedal doesn't return to the 'off' position, the car will not drive. Try pulling the brake pedal back as far as it will go, there is a rubber grommet on the brake pedal arm that can prevent the pedal returning to the off position. (this is to prevent 'left foot braking')

Access to the foot pedals is from under the platform carpet/mat.

Good luck with the repair, the RXV is THE best cart available and you won't be disappointed.
navara20030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #26
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow someone with some experience on such a realitively new technology of cart. It sounds like somethings for him to beable to check finaly someone with some options other than it will have to go to the shop. Good Luck
Old 03-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #27
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Problem With Rxv

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
Wow someone with some experience on such a realitively new technology of cart. It sounds like somethings for him to beable to check finaly someone with some options other than it will have to go to the shop. Good Luck
I agree, but remember, It will have to go to the shop...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #28
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Taking it to a dealer is the best advice the OP could have been given. I can't count the times not knowing cost me more than taking it to someone who did. One time it cost me right at $2000.00

Now this guy is gonna probly replace those 2 sensors if the pedal deal dont work out for him.....Now what IF one of those 2 sensors is not what is wrong? He just lost some hard earned cash$$$ and still don't know whats wrong. Dealer darn isn't gonna take them back. Knowing that it "might" not be one of those sensors the cheapest solution is still to take it to a dealer that has the proper diagnostic equipment. You might even find a dealer nice enough to diagnose it for free if you by the part from them.

As of right now, J.Q. public doesn't know enough about the RXV to start making Assumptions. Especially when you have high dollar AC components involved.
Either way GOOD LUCK!
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #29
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Problem With Rxv

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Taking it to a dealer is the best advice the OP could have been given. I can't count the times not knowing cost me more than taking it to someone who did. One time it cost me right at $2000.00

Now this guy is gonna probly replace those 2 sensors if the pedal deal dont work out for him.....Now what IF one of those 2 sensors is not what is wrong? He just lost some hard earned cash$$$ and still don't know whats wrong. Dealer darn isn't gonna take them back. Knowing that it "might" not be one of those sensors the cheapest solution is still to take it to a dealer that has the proper diagnostic equipment. You might even find a dealer nice enough to diagnose it for free if you by the part from them.

As of right now, J.Q. public doesn't know enough about the RXV to start making Assumptions. Especially when you have high dollar AC components involved.
Either way GOOD LUCK!
But I wouldn't take it to dealer darn (sound kinda shady).
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #30
ramseygsd
Not Yet Wild

Navara, thanks for the good advise and also everyone who chimed in. I'll check out those few things you've mention. Again does anyone have access to an wiring schematic?

After hearing there's a scanner to T/S the RXV, I've been getting the word out and I might be able to to get access to one (keeping my finger cross).

Again, thanks for everyone's concern and kudos to all in this forum.
ramseygsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO