lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 AM   #41
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 RXV Build Complete w/pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theflyinglineman View Post
Here are some pictures. I will get a video later this morning.
Good morning, did you post a video to facebook so we can have a look at the LED GLOW in action?

I especially want to see the different chase patterns and speeds as well as the color changes
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2018, 05:32 AM   #42
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
Good morning, did you post a video to facebook so we can have a look at the LED GLOW in action?

I especially want to see the different chase patterns and speeds as well as the color changes
See post 39. If you would like to see the lights in action minus music mode I can try when I get home from work

Thanks
Adam
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #43
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea that would be great, I can imagine the music beat, I have a Samsung sound bar and I don't think it gets loud enough to trigger that mode. Funny but on all the LED GLOW advertising you would think they would have something on that site that shows all the different chase modes, but they don't.

I am going to start a thread calling on anyone with an LED GLOW setup to chime in
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #44
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey344 View Post
Finally had some time to test the cart and it's definitely fast and climbs well.

Solid 30 mph on flat road, drops to 15 mph going up some hills and 32 mph down. The hill climbing ability is disappointing, dropping from 32 to 15 is drastic.

I had a friend of mine who has a 2014 Club Car with 500a Alltrax and Admiral A2 motor ride around with me. He's been fighting his build with a different cart builder and they're swapping parts with little to no changes. They've swapped controller, motors, tires etc. With all the upgrades he couldn't keep up on the flat or going up hills but did pull away from me a little going down the hills. Tomorrow he's bringing him a Plum Quick motor, not sure if they're changing the controller.

Maybe there's good reason but I just don't understand why anyone would want a Club Car versus and RXV. This stock controller programmed by BobBoyce and stock motor outperformed the $1200 modified Club Car by alot.

BobBoyce ... first off, thank you for your contribution to this forum and for all the help you've given me. I would love to hear your opinion on improving the hill climbing.
Welcome to the 30mph RXV club!!! Isnt it a blast to pass other cart drivers who are "floored" that your cart is that fast? I was passing gas and electric carts all last weekend at the southeast regionals. Passed a few side by sides, but they were not WOT, as I'm not polaris-fast yet. (Mom and dad have a Polaris Sportsman that does 41mph.)

BTW - what gauge are those wires? And are they warm at all after the hill climb?

Quote:
Post to YouTube and send a link?
Did you ever get your bazooka working? Make sure the B+ has 12 volts and that the ground is grounded to the 12v converter's ground wire. (you are using a converter not just one battery right?) IIRC from the bazookas that I installed back in 2000 they had a provision to either be turned on using 12v from a remote turn on lead, or could be turned on with signal coming in on the high level inputs. Depending on which source you used would depened whether or not you cut a loop of wire in the molex. They may have changed that however....
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #45
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
What gives it away is the fact that speed regulation is faster downhill vs uphill or flat. There is no tweaking that will solve that, it's just running out of current climbing the hills. Hill climbing ability is current related. Even with your controller turned up to 100% of its raated capacity, it still limits at 235 Amps per phase (705 Amps combined). I never turn them up more than that, otherwise we risk burning out the controller. If that is not enough current, switching to a reprogrammed 350 Amp upgrade Curtis controller can deliver 350 Amps per phase (1050 Amps combined), and that will not slow down so much on hills. Another option is to reduce weight by getting rid of the lead/acid batteries and go with a Lithium pack. Less weight means better performance, including hill climbs. Smaller tires will also lose less speed on hills, but reduce top speed. Your hills must be pretty steep to drop that much. On the roads around here, I lose about 2-3 MPH from the top end on most of the roads I drive on, but I also have a lithium pack.

Bob
What is the safe upper limit of the RXV motor? Im guessing close to 10k?
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #46
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve390Gold View Post
Did you ever get your bazooka working?
Yes, I got it working. Cart builder had never installed one and said the instructions said to power it direct from the battery. I reconnected it to the inverter side with the remote wire to the HU and all works well. Sounds great, just enough bass.
casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #47
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theflyinglineman
It looks to me they mounted the interior lights under you canopy those will stay on(solid color,no flash)no matter what mode you turn on.

The golf cart kit is not Bluetooth.

The sound activation works great but it took me some time to figure out where to mount the controle box to hear the music, to close to a speaker they stay on all the time,to far and it does not hear the beat. Your radio volume will affect that also. You can adjust the sensitivity to compensate for the volume. The speed button has 5 levels. The speed button also adjust the flash and chase rate when you are in different modes remember the interior lights will not flash.
Yes, I noticed he installed the interior lights in the top too. Changing that ASAP. Not sure I need any overhead lights now that I've experienced how distracting they are.

It's really unfortunate that this kit is not Bluetooth, lack of that feature alone would have kept me from buying these. Unless I can find an easier way to get to the modes I like. If you want to get to the sound activation mode how many times do you have to click on the remote button? There are only 3-4 different light patterns I could see myself ever using.
casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #48
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yes, I noticed he installed the interior lights in the top too. Changing that ASAP. Not sure I need any overhead lights now that I've experienced how distracting they are.

It's really unfortunate that this kit is not Bluetooth, lack of that feature alone would have kept me from buying these. Unless I can find an easier way to get to the modes I like. If you want to get to the sound activation mode how many times do you have to click on the remote button? There are only 3-4 different light patterns I could see myself ever using.
The way I know it's in sound mode is to look at the controller there will be a white light on. I can't remember but I think there are 3 music modes. I never counted but I do know you have to push the mode button a lot it's at the end of the rotation . Most of the modes are the same just a different varation. Like front to back next mode back to front. If you use the speed button to slow them down you can see the difference. If things go well I am planning on make a video tonight when it gets dark. The music mode will not be that impressive because I am having a problem with my sub and when I mounted the controller it was based on the sub. So it might not hear the regular speakers that well but I will try. When the sub is working the music mode works fantastic

Thanks
Adam
Old 09-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #49
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve390Gold View Post
What is the safe upper limit of the RXV motor? Im guessing close to 10k?
Actually, the motor will run at up to 12K RPM, but E-Z-GOs VCL from Curtis limits the RXV motor to 9500 RPM. With the unbranded Curtis 123X versions that have no VCL, the limit is 12K.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #50
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

I just finished a great video. The. I realized my battery died 2 seconds into its will try again tomorrow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO