lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
Stoner99
Getting Wild

Default BMV-700 Battery Management Meter Install!!

So after the great recomendation from Nolefan4ever I went ahead and ordered the Victron BMV-700 meter for my new Trojan 875 battery pack. What I really wanted was a foolproof meter that my wife and children could use so that my battery pack would not be damaged by not going to low before heading back and recharging. Getting my wife to read a digital voltmeter and determining what reading is what 50% etc would never happen. I also have heard that the bar meters were notoriously inaccurate. So Nolefan4ever sold me on the BMV-700.

At 1st the installation was daunting for me because I know nothing about electrical or battery circuits But with the help of Nolefan it really was simple...I just didn't wrap my head around it. but it really is super easy. The hardest part was running the line from the batter compartment to the dash cleanly!

What I really like about this meter is the detail it gives you. I will mostly leave it on % state of charge. You can program different alarms that will sound and the meter will flash when you set certain thresholds. So, I can set the alarm for 55% and they better be getting back to recharge.

It also counts the charge cycles, voltage, how much time is remaining at current rate of discharge, and much more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190131_102624 (3).jpg (187.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190131_102632 (1).jpg (82.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190131_102645 (1).jpg (81.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190131_102654 (1).jpg (110.4 KB, 0 views)
Stoner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2019, 02:01 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: BMV-700 Battery Management Meter Install!!

dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Very nice! That'll be a priceless tool to help you get the most life out of your batteries.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is GREAT pal! I am glad you like it. We have several of them and I absolutely LOVE them!

Yawood is in the same process so hope to hear some good info from him upon completion.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:50 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the SOC percentage shown based on AH, if so did You guys measured or guessed the current pack capacity?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Is the SOC percentage shown based on AH, if so did You guys measured or guessed the current pack capacity?
I believe it is off the voltage, but don't quote me on that as I would have to look it back up to be sure. It very well may be part of its algorithm as you input the max voltage of the pack, the A-H of the pack, type of batteries, etc. Through the shunt it measures the current withdrawn and replenished. It calculates, A-H, wattage, real-time usage, time remaining, and much more than I can remember right off hand.

I did enter my A-H capacity on my lithium after tested and on the new FLA packs, we enter the 20 hr rate.

I know how you like to fully understand items so if you go the website https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-monitors/bmv-700 you can read up it and download manuals.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:15 PM   #7
Stoner99
Getting Wild

Quote:
I programmed it off the 20hr rate of the 875 spec sheet (from NoleFan4life)
Old 01-31-2019, 05:10 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good grief there a lot of settings in that meter

The C20 rate works because it calculates the SOC using the Peukert exponent, but I noticed the default Peukert exponent is 1.25 and I just ran the calculations for a Trojan T-875 (C20=170AH , C5=145AH) and the Peukert exponent is 1.13.

I kind of like the "Remaining time at the current rate of discharge" display as it really shows what matters the most for a user
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:20 PM   #9
Stoner99
Getting Wild

Quote:
Good grief there a lot of settings in that meter

The C20 rate works because it calculates the SOC using the Peukert exponent, but I noticed the default Peukert exponent is 1.25 and I just ran the calculations for a Trojan T-875 (C20=170AH , C5=145AH) and the Peukert exponent is 1.13.

I kind of like the "Remaining time at the current rate of discharge" display as it really shows what matters the most for a user
So do I need to do that calculation? i set it for 175AH
Old 01-31-2019, 05:23 PM   #10
Stoner99
Getting Wild

Or I 'think" there is a setting to just adjust the componet rate from the default. But you guys are speaking latin to me. i have no idea about it. I do like that I can set alarms to get peoples attention.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car