lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake Light Kit Pad Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
Thanks. Ill figure it out Im sure. If nothing available to mount to, Ill fab a quick bracket and install under the cart.

Was thinking it through tho, wouldn't that mean brake lights are on the entire time the cart is in garage with parking brake on? My cart lights (turn signals and brakes) are always able to be activated even with key out.
I think every cart should turn everything OFF when the key switch is OFF.

If for some reason you require 12v available while the key is OFF, just use one of the inline brake timers available for that purpose.

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #12
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Was thinking it through tho, wouldn't that mean brake lights are on the entire time the cart is in garage with parking brake on? My cart lights (turn signals and brakes) are always able to be activated even with key out.
No idea of your configuration. I made my own electrical system from scratch and I need the key on for the fuse panel, except one fuse for radio memory, etc...

Now it is true that my brake lights stay on with key on; I was thinking to add a time relay of 10 to 20 seconds but never did it, no real need *smile
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #13
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I kept one line of the fuse panel always on for radio memory, accessories, etc...

By default on Yamaha, the reverse buzzer is always on, but I modified to need the key on (as I use it also for sound signal when turn signals are on).

The only thing I did not modified is the oil light, too lazy... lol
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #14
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thanks. Ill figure it out Im sure. If nothing available to mount to, Ill fab a quick bracket and install under the cart.

I have my brake lights running through a switch on the dash. I turn them on and off as needed. I didn't want them on when I'm hunting.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #15
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

If for some reason you require 12v available while the key is OFF, just use one of the inline brake timers available for that purpose.

I like that idea. Where can I find that?
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:43 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The site sponsors sell the brake switch timers, I know David with www.RevolutionGolfCars.com has them.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #17
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Brake Light Kit Pad Modifications

None of these kits where available back 15 years ago when I started using the 49 truck switches. That last kit looks nice but mine was cheap enough and I knew about it. Plus I had everything already.
Also now they sell smart voltage reducers that can be used on any voltage up to 72 volts with a key switch feature to turn everything on/off. This will be my next purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voltage reducer.jpg (140.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg voltage reducer2.jpg (58.8 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO