lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
Richie311
Not Yet Wild

Default Mixed up the B- and Solenoid B+ on my '98 DCS Sepex and now it wont move

Replaced batteries on this '98 DCS Sepex cart and in the process I mixed up the B- and Solenoid B+ wires. I put the B- on the positive of the battery bank and then when I put the B+ from the solenoid to the negative of the power bank there was a giant spark and part of the wires welded together. My own fault for not labeling them and rushing to get in before dark.

I downloaded a service manual for it and made sure I wired them back up correctly but it wont run. I've started to troubleshoot it but I'd figure I'd make a quick post here first to see if someone already knows what I'm going to have to replace. It's really cold here so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Richie311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2019, 07:41 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Mixed up the B- and Solenoid B+ on my '98 DCS Sepex and now it wont move

Controller is fried. At least that much for sure, maybe more. That was a costly mistake.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
Richie311
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Mixed up the B- and Solenoid B+ on my '98 DCS Sepex and now it wont move

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Controller is fried. At least that much for sure, maybe more. That was a costly mistake.
What are my options for getting a replacement controller? Is there a possible way of rebuilding one myself?
Old 03-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The stock controller was a weakling and a liability due to poor design. You might be able to take it apart and repair it, but you might repair everything you see fried and still get no results. I would suggest a Alltrax replacement from ScottyB (www.cartsunlimited.net) best deals around. Problem with a homemade controller repair is you don't know if it's not working, or if one of the other parts on the cart is not working. Whereas a new controller can be assumed to be good. There are rebuilders out there, but I don't ever use rebuilt controllers anymore (I have replaced too many rebuilt controllers). If you were to use a rebuilder, the only one I would recommend is FSIP.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
Richie311
Not Yet Wild

Well this has ruined my week. Thanks for your help though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO