lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
tarmfield
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Yet another charger question - 48v RXV

Hi all,

Have recently bought a cart and done a bunch of upgrades, its a 2009 EZGO RXV and it seems real solid. The batteries are Trojan 1260 with a watering system from Jan 2016 (A6) on posts. They seem to hold a decent charge - enough to drive around for a while - am currently charging and monitoring voltage drop over time to figure out if they need replacing.

Now for the question: The cart for some unknown reason came with a Yamaha charger, model SCR481717, with the EZGO RXV plug attached - is this an issue?

The charger seems to be working fine, will charge the cart up to 52.9v after 3 charges, and i bought a battery maintainer to keep it topped off as this charger doesn't have a float / trickle mode.
The sticker from the charger is hopefully attached to the post showing the details.

Thanks for your help!

Toby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190219_170130 (1).jpg (170.1 KB, 0 views)
tarmfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yet another charger question - 48v RXV

That is a Yamaha charger produced by MAC for Yamaha. It's a pretty good charger, better than the stock charger equipped with a RXV. I don't see any problem with using that charger. If you do end up doing batteries, don't get T-1260 batteries. Either go with a 8v battery tray & T-875 batteries, or at least T-1275 12v batteries. Putting the highest capacity battery you can in there will ensure longest lifespan, due to higher average State of charge over the life of the battery.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #3
tarmfield
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yet another charger question - 48v RXV

So what voltage should the charger charge the battery pack up to - it seems to vary depending on the usage?

I have been trying to recover the batteries and charging it multiple times with no usage - initially it charges to 50.3 to 50.8, then if I plug it in again after that round of charging it will take it up to 51.3, then if I plug it in again for a 3rd time (No usage between charges) then it takes the voltage up to around the 53v mark.

I also bought a maintainer charger from Amazon as the charger doesn't have a float mode to keep the battery topped up - this seems to take the pack to around 53v, all readings are taken straight after charging is finished and the charger has been disconnected.

I ran a timed charge test over 48 hours to see how the batteries would hold there charge but will post those results separately - main thing I am trying to find out is whether this charger is OK or I need to put it on charge twice to get it to 100%?
tarmfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO