lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #1
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Default Express L6 72v Upgrade - Bluetooth Speaker Mounting Solution

I recently purchased a 2018 72v Express L6. I like that everything was pretty heavy duty straight from the factory, but I do plan to make a few upgrades. Since BGW is very easily searchable (especially directly from Google) I'll try to document my upgrades in individual threads. For whatever reason, I don't get notifications from the BGW site, so if you have questions, email me. My email is bedn0009@ Google's email service.

I wanted to mount a Bluetooth speaker somewhere on the cart that was accessible but out of the way, but preferred not to drill into the cart.

I found this mount on Amazon, and so far it seems to be a perfect fit for what I was looking for - and it's adjustable to any speaker. This is a Logitech Megaboom (which is large in diameter) and it fits no problem. Also, it's somewhat tacky and stays in place.

I like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (173.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (172.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (228.8 KB, 0 views)
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Express L6 72v Upgrade - Bluetooth Speaker Mounting Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnmsgst View Post
I recently purchased a 2018 72v Express L6. I like that everything was pretty heavy duty straight from the factory, but I do plan to make a few upgrades. Since BGW is very easily searchable (especially directly from Google) I'll try to document my upgrades in individual threads. For whatever reason, I don't get notifications from the BGW site, so if you have questions, email me. My email is bedn0009@ Google's email service.

I wanted to mount a Bluetooth speaker somewhere on the cart that was accessible but out of the way, but preferred not to drill into the cart.

I found this mount on Amazon, and so far it seems to be a perfect fit for what I was looking for - and it's adjustable to any speaker. This is a Logitech Megaboom (which is large in diameter) and it fits no problem. Also, it's somewhat tacky and stays in place.

I like it.
That'd be my only concern. When you're out and about, is the cart ever left unattended, even for just a few minutes?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for posting! I have sony XB31 that rolls around in the glove box on my TXT. Just ordered one of these mounts as they actually had them on Amazon.ca. With regards to theft I have left my XB31 in the glove box and no one has stolen it so far. But, I am in a very small park with an isolated over-night section. If I was at Sherkston Shores I would have to bolt down everything on my cart. :)
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
Thanks for posting! I have sony XB31 that rolls around in the glove box on my TXT. Just ordered one of these mounts as they actually had them on Amazon.ca. With regards to theft I have left my XB31 in the glove box and no one has stolen it so far. But, I am in a very small park with an isolated over-night section. If I was at Sherkston Shores I would have to bolt down everything on my cart. :)
More and more folks take their carts for buying groceries, where I wouldn't trust Velcro, though they are plenty safe enough to prevent someone with a screwdriver and wrench from going after them. Where I live, a locking glove box would probably suffice. YMMV.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO