lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
broncosaurs
Not Yet Wild

Default Steeleng Lift Kit, G2Fitment Questions

Got the 6" G2 Steeleng lift kit this weekend. Took some measurements and fitment look.

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/y...gas-1985-1994/

Question 1: The a arms have steel bushing pressed into the the top and botton arms where the king pin goes thru. The ID of this bushings is quite a bit smaller then the king pins maybe .015". Maybe beating the living **** out of the king pins might get them to go in. Any ideas?

Question 2 : The steering knuckle has about .25" play between the mount on the new arms. The stock arms w/ the bushings in the arms has almost no play. I cant put the OEM bushings on the arms because they would need to go into the hole the steel bushings are in already and there thickness would not fill the space needed for a nice fit.

This is just what I see before even trying to install. Joke on me?

broncosaurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Steeleng Lift Kit, G2Fitment Questions

Are you talking about the roll pins in the top?

If you're trying to remove the king pin there should be.a hole going through the bottkm.of it sideways. Put a screwdriver, punch, or something through it and will probably have to beat on it, twist it, turn it, cook it with a torch. The screwdriver or punch gives you something to hit/twist/turn besides the kingpin itself
but it should pull through. Not a fun job especially if it's rusted in there good.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
broncosaurs
Not Yet Wild

I had no problems getting the pins, knuckle and roll out. The problem is the new a-arms, there is a "C" that the steering knuckle goes into. Held in by the steering knuckle pin (large 5/8" ish x 6" long). There is a 1/4" gap. The knuckle can't be sliding up and down like that. The stock arms there is no play between the aarm and knuckle. See pich.

Any one else install the Steeleng lift?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kn pict.jpg (73.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
broncosaurs
Not Yet Wild

BTW thanks for all the help CP241
Old 06-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Oh wow. Yeah, that definitely doesnt look right. Like either its bent or something is missing? Might want to try and call steeling if they have a tech support number. Unfortunately I've never installed one of these so not much help I can give here.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #6
BECFA
Not Yet Wild

I am in the middle of the exact same thing. Waiting on a call back from Steeling. Ran into the same two issues last night installing on a 1988 G2.

Did they offer any infromation or parts to correct the issues?
BECFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha