lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #11
yamaha77
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g2 roll cage build

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Quite a bit for a top. If you knew someone that could sow, you might be able to make a bimini type top that attaches to the top cross bars. Just a thought.

Might even consider a piece of flat stainless or something and then add a cargo rack on top like some put on jeeps (it would be tall).
Quote:
Search around on the forum. I know some the guys around here have made some of these tops. There's a lot of talent and good ideas on this site!

Just don't use a plastic tarp and duck tape on that nice cart.
Haha I would do that. But i will have to search around before i figure out exactly what to. I have several other things to do to it now also. street legalization/ headlights. I bought new sylvania headlights (LIGHTBAR2N1.BX) which i am putting in the old housing with high and low beams for on the road driving. They seem really nice. I also have to figure out a setup for switches on the dashboard. I was thinking about a marine switch plate. After that is done we should be good to cruise around town. They passed it 2 years ago that carts can drive on the streets so I am pretty excited about that.
yamaha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2019, 09:32 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Search around on the forum. I know some the guys around here have made some of these tops. There's a lot of talent and good ideas on this site!

Just don't use a plastic tarp and duck tape on that nice cart.
I was just going to suggest a tarp from harbor freight, they come in lots of neat colors. And if you're gonna be debbie downer and ixnay the duck tape, then you could use zip ties

Personally, if it were mine I would do it out of diamond plate so it matches the floor and side panels you've already done in diamond plate. You can drill some holes and install rivnuts into the top of the rails and it would make it very clean and easy to bolt in and out. That way you don't have bolts going all the way through the rails and nuts on the bottom. Plus it would be strong enough that if you did want to put some tie down cleats or something you could just mount them right to it and it would support a good amount of weight for whatever you wanted to carry. No need for a low profile roof rack
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #13
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I wanted to go ahead and throw the tarp/duck tape idea out there because I knew it would come up.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #14
yamaha77
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I was just going to suggest a tarp from harbor freight, they come in lots of neat colors. And if you're gonna be debbie downer and ixnay the duck tape, then you could use zip ties

Personally, if it were mine I would do it out of diamond plate so it matches the floor and side panels you've already done in diamond plate. You can drill some holes and install rivnuts into the top of the rails and it would make it very clean and easy to bolt in and out. That way you don't have bolts going all the way through the rails and nuts on the bottom. Plus it would be strong enough that if you did want to put some tie down cleats or something you could just mount them right to it and it would support a good amount of weight for whatever you wanted to carry. No need for a low profile roof rack

Thats not a bad idea. Honestly i wanted to do the diamond plate i have in black but i have heard it doenst take well.
yamaha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha