lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
Matt3357
Not Yet Wild

Default EH29C Carburetor Rebuild Kit

In my journey to get my '94 EZGO GXT804D up and running, I had to do something about the carburetor.

I ended up buying an import carb for $20 because I could not for the life of me find a rebuild kit for the stock carb on the EH29C motor.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to rebuild the one I have to keep on the shelf.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt3357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: EH29C Carburetor Rebuild Kit

What exactly is wrong with it? Really the only parts you should need to replace will be the bowl gaskets. The jets and everything else should clean out without having to replace them.

I'd recommend cleaning your OEM carb really well and use the chinese one for gaskets and stuff. If there's something that is too far gone to clean (small jet) then you can get everything here.
https://shop.txtsv.com/shop-ezgo/par...icle_year=1628
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #3
Matt3357
Not Yet Wild

This thing was sitting about 10 years at least. The float and valve are completely rusted and seized. Usually when I rebuild a motor like this, I can buy a rebuild kit that comes with all the jets, float valve pin, spring and seat. I would clean everything, reassemble and be off and running. Not a big job if you can find the parts....but dang those prices are steep compared to buying an import carb. I think I'll just run it with the import carb and fix this one if I ever need to. I can probably salvage what is there except for the bowl gasket. Thanks for the link.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

hopefully the chinese carb works for you. occasionally you'll find someone that gets lucky, but 99% of the time they run pig rich, hesitate, flood, etc. Maybe you're the lucky one! Generally speaking, they cause more problems than they fix and even if the engine runs, it doesn't run right like it should.

good luck!

FYI if it comes down to it, you can still get brand new OEM carbs for $175. But I don't know for how much longer, most parts for these things seem to be getting harder and harder to find. https://shop.txtsv.com/carburetor-as...90-jet-pre-mci
Old 06-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
Matt3357
Not Yet Wild

Hey where do those two rubber hoses go? The old carb only had 1 and it wasn't connected.

Matt
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

the 2 hoses in the picture? I believe those are just vent lines
Old 05-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #7
Bannerd
Not Yet Wild

Any luck on ever finding the bowl gasket for the original carb. I'm in the same situation...had entire thing done and as I was reassembling it I went to wipe off gasket and it broke...any help would be much appreciated
Bannerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #8
BigErn
Not Yet Wild

I am looking for a gasket as well, any luck?
BigErn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO