lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #1
Stortz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax xct problems

Hi Everyone,
Looking for help or feedback on problems with the Alltrax XCT 500 PDS controller. About a month ago, I bought one from Scotty B. I wanted more hill climbing power and figured this would be a good start. The unit I received was dead out of the box, with no green LED, no anything. It would work if I plugged in a laptop, but that's the only time. It showed that it was reading the ITS throttle sensor to be at 100%. It would correctly recognize the state of all inputs, but had the throttle error, and there were no outputs, like the back up horn when switching to reverse, even though the monitor program showed it was on. I quadruple checked all wiring and it was all correct. I also found no voltage output to the ITS sensor from the controller. I disconnected the ITS at the controller and measured it open circuit, and also found no voltage. Scotty was great and provided an RMA to send it back to ALLTRAX. ALLTRAX quickly sent a replacement, which ran great all of last weekend. This weekend I decided to upgrade to 48 Volts. I arrived at the campground today, all excited with my 6 new 8-volt batteries. I installed them in the cart, and NOTHING. I am now having the exact same problem that I had with the first controller. I am sure that all of my wiring is correct, and have no idea what could be going wrong. If others are having this issue with the ALLTRAX XCT controllers, please let me know, so that I can have a little faith in my own sanity.
Stortz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2019, 07:09 PM   #2
Stortz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax xct problems

Well, I've embarrassed myself. Right after I posted this, Scotty B. emailed me and asked for some pictures. While I was taking the pictures, I realized that I had not reconnected the red/wht charge sensor wire to the positive pack terminal. Problem solved.
Stortz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:22 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stortz View Post
Well, I've embarrassed myself. Right after I posted this, Scotty B. emailed me and asked for some pictures. While I was taking the pictures, I realized that I had not reconnected the red/wht charge sensor wire to the positive pack terminal. Problem solved.
Fact: ScottyB sells good stuff at great prices, and offers superior tech support.

<idea>
I've always believed that whenever someone has a problem, the fastest way to solve it, is to blame someone else. Anyone.

Whenever I lose something, I blame my wife. Then within minutes, I find the thing. My wife trusts this theory and uses it herself, and doesn't get mad when I blame her, as I'd never find it without blaming her.

Where's my $%^&* 10mm socket?
</idea>
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You Sir, are getting me and JB mixed up . I've been mistaken for worse
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:03 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You Sir, are getting me and JB mixed up . I've been mistaken for worse
oops.

I'm always mistaken for better.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

no worries - I think you can still fix it, time wise? If not message one of the moderators to fix it for you, not the pretend moderator but the real ones.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:07 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
no worries - I think you can still fix it, time wise?
Done. On hold "for the next available representative." Unrelated, but an excuse.

Tags
alltrax, pds, xct
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO