lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #11
plowman
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2007 G29 Head Lights Pulsing

we have had the fix since the 96 model. call 8107361100 i will be back to work wed.
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #12
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

It seems not a lot of people know the fix for this. Im curious how plowman fixes it. Here other shops change everything. Seems I may have a big secret repair the average golf car repair guy doesn't know
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If the whole plan is "switch back to old-style mechanical voltage regulator", I think that one may be flawed as well. The OEM "old style" isn't available anymore, and the aftermarket ones aren't adjustable like the original was. Is this some giant secret that shall never be disclosed? If so, we might as well close this thread up.....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:41 AM   #14
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If the whole plan is "switch back to old-style mechanical voltage regulator", I think that one may be flawed as well. The OEM "old style" isn't available anymore, and the aftermarket ones aren't adjustable like the original was. Is this some giant secret that shall never be disclosed? If so, we might as well close this thread up.....
Its not switching back to the old system. But let me ask you this. You've worked on a ton of carts so I know you have run across when a Yamaha over charges the battery, 17 plus volts. How do you fix that? Im courious, but lets compare how things are repaired maybe your way is better than mine. My way, you don't have to replace anything, factory system stays intact. Ill have to learn how to post pics or someone can help me with that.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:04 AM   #15
jeremy85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Its not switching back to the old system. But let me ask you this. You've worked on a ton of carts so I know you have run across when a Yamaha over charges the battery, 17 plus volts. How do you fix that? Im courious, but lets compare how things are repaired maybe your way is better than mine. My way, you don't have to replace anything, factory system stays intact. Ill have to learn how to post pics or someone can help me with that.
So you cant tell us without posting pics?
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

If it's the new style regulator overcharging, I would most likely try a different one.

At full field, the charge coil could be drawing 20+ watts, so an online resistor would need to be a big one.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy85 View Post
So you cant tell us without posting pics?

Pics would help for sure done wrong your going to let some smoke out and that's tough to put back.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:47 PM   #18
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If it's the new style regulator overcharging, I would most likely try a different one.

At full field, the charge coil could be drawing 20+ watts, so an online resistor would need to be a big one.
Ive never seen a regulator fix the issue. As you are well aware of it is rare to change a Yamaha voltage regulator.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:38 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

I suppose we'll just wait for the big reveal?
Old 10-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #20
jeremy85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Click the little paper clip to attach pics to your reply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cvbncvbn.JPG (88.6 KB, 0 views)
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha