lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Default Need advice on where to take my cart to have it diagnosed and repaired.

Over the last six months I have used my cart almost none. I have had an issue that can be found in an older thread of mine https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=appwhere my cart will just randomly shut down. It still shows voltage on the digital meter but it’s like the controller isn’t getting signal to move again. My cart has an alltrax 400 amp(? I think) controller, upgraded cables, upgraded motor, new wiring throughout the entire thing. I never had this issue come up directly related to any kind of modification on the cart, once I did my build it was great for a year or two. Build thread here https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=appThis just happened out of nowhere well after the build was new. I have changed my solenoid, PB-6 and I’m thinking about Changing the actual on off switch on the dash, but at this point I am at a loss for what the issue may be. Changing the solenoid didn’t seem to help, neither did the PB6. I even remember using a voltage meter on my solenoid and doing what others suggested, but I don’t remember the results and they seemed non-conclusive to what people were recommending I look for. I don’t know if my controller is going bad or what, but I am at the point I would rather have this looked at then to continue to try to mess with it myself. My ZIP Code is 45772. Anyone close enough or someone recommend anyone within two hours of me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2019, 10:30 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Need advice on where to take my cart to have it diagnosed and repaired.

Please give me a minute to go back through your old threads and find out what cart you have, what your issues are, and where you live.

After all of that i will see if I can help.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:10 AM   #3
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need advice on where to take my cart to have it diagnosed and repaired.

you are this far into it , no place on earth you could take it that would have this many people with this much knowledge and experience......just "ride it out ".....pun intended....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:09 AM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I see from your build thread you have an Alltrax AXE controller. What you are experiencing sounds like what happened to me when my Axe controller was failing. My cart would run fine then quit and everything would check out fine but the controller had no output, Replaced it with a new SR48500 controller and all is well. Here is my thread about it. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-shutdown.html
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
I see from your build thread you have an Alltrax AXE controller. What you are experiencing sounds like what happened to me when my Axe controller was failing. My cart would run fine then quit and everything would check out fine but the controller had no output, Replaced it with a new SR48500 controller and all is well. Here is my thread about it. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-shutdown.html

That would make sense! Thanks for the help!

Old 12-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #6
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post

Is this the controller y’all recommend? I’m switching it!

Old 12-26-2019, 11:50 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller you want to switch to is the SR48500 Alltrax.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
you are this far into it , no place on earth you could take it that would have this many people with this much knowledge and experience......just "ride it out ".....pun intended....
Very well said...
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #9
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The controller you want to switch to is the SR48500 Alltrax.

Copy, thanks!! any other diodes or anything I’ll need to switch? I’ve already upgraded my solenoid (burnt a diode out hooking it up wrong in this install) and throttle trying to diagnose this issue - do I need anything?

Old 12-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You should need just the controller solo. Select your throttle type and we can send the controller pre set to match.
And of course the solenoid resistor & diode should be in place. If this is a version 1 conversion kit with a PB6 then 0-5k is the correct throttle selection.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car