lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
Golfcartin
Not Yet Wild

Default High torque motor/ controller recommendations

04 club car ds. 48v Lifted 22” tires. I need recommendations on which high torque motor and controller combo kit. I have heavy duty f/r switch and selinoid. (Series )

I looked at buggies unlimited and golf cart king so far.

I like the low end power to go in pastures to check on cattle. Speed is not my thing. I only need about 14 mph max. Any recommendations on what kit to get?...
Golfcartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: High torque motor/ controller recommendations

No question on the controller; go with an Alltrax.

The 500amp SR48500 has been great for me and they have the 600amo SR48600 big boy too. But you'll never pull 600 amps out of a battery pack, so it's overkill IMO and the extra money it costs over the SR48500 is money you could put towards a 'bad A' torque motor.

The motor is a different story though. Many, many options and I'd urge you to contact different manufacturers and dealers to get all the info you need. I have a custom D&D torque motor that's been awesome for me but you've got PlumQuick, FSIP, Admiral and EMP just to name a few.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:56 PM   #3
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the FSIP torque motor and the XCT 500 alltrax controller in my precedent with upgraded wires. It goes like hell for a golf cart. It really does well out of the hole.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #4
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post

The motor is a different story though. Many, many options and I'd urge you to contact different manufacturers and dealers to get all the info you need. I have a custom D&D torque motor that's been awesome for me but you've got PlumQuick, FSIP, Admiral and EMP just to name a few.
So are all those motors long stack? Or can they fit in a non lifted cart that’s prior to 2006 without too much effort.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car