lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2020, 03:59 AM   #11
CoachBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone actually like Oil injection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Sir I'm not sure what you have done and are trying to do. But I would not do anything else until somebody familiar with that system chimes in.
Thank you, I’m rebuilding an engine.
CoachBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2020, 06:59 AM   #12
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBob View Post
Well, i might not be keeping the oil injection after all. I mangled up the slot trying to remove the flywheel without good thought process. I can probably restore it somewhat so that it will turn the pump, but i don’t even have the @#$& flywheel off yet. I’ve removed many a flywheel, but this one tops them all! Just read a thread where a member used some hammer taps around the rim to break it loose while under puller tension. I guess I’ll try that.
Yeah... back the flywheel bolt out a bit... put a good amount of pressure on the bolt, not the crankshaft itself, with the puller and give the side of the flywheel a good smack in a solid spot with a reasonable sized ball peen hammer... it’ll pop off
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #13
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

To leave the injection system or not to leave the injection system? If you are happy with purchasing the factory recommend 2 stroke oil then you most likely will not have problems in the future as long as you tune it correctly.
I personally have removed oil injection from almost every thing I’ve ever owned because I have always been a fan of the Amsoil which mixes at 100:1 ratio.
Short version is that different brand oils mix at different ratios.. if you’re using an injection system stick with the brand that you tuned it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:53 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Use a 3 bolt harmonic balancer puller on the flywheel. If you get to where it's really tight, use a rubber dead blow and give it some solid whacks until she pops.

When I did it I just cut the nub for the oil pump off. I didnt have any issues at all pulling thr fly wheel. Took all of about 30 seconds. Though I've heard horror stories of other guys having to resort to all sorts of crazy antics...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #15
CoachBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Use a 3 bolt harmonic balancer puller on the flywheel. If you get to where it's really tight, use a rubber dead blow and give it some solid whacks until she pops.

When I did it I just cut the nub for the oil pump off. I didnt have any issues at all pulling thr fly wheel. Took all of about 30 seconds. Though I've heard horror stories of other guys having to resort to all sorts of crazy antics...
I’m afraid i have one of those nightmare situations. 😂 I won’t let a flywheel get the better of me! I hear the seals can be pretty fun too, can’t wait.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Upload a picture of it and let us take a look. I made a tool to remove those with without splitting the crank end.
I never tried whacking the side of flywheel with a ball-peen hammer for fear of messing it up.
These things can be tight . I just about give up on one back in 2018 trying to get it off but it finally popped off . I liked that sound
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBob View Post
I’m afraid i have one of those nightmare situations. 😂 I won’t let a flywheel get the better of me! I hear the seals can be pretty fun too, can’t wait.
The seal is easy. Pop it out and tap in the new one. No more difficult than any other type of crank seal. It's getting to the seal that seems to be the issue.

I agree I wouldnt use a ball pein hammer. You're not trying to beat it off that hard. Just want to shock it, I'd use a rubber dead blow if anything.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:41 AM   #18
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Put a socket over the tabs before using the puller.
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #19
CoachBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Upload a picture of it and let us take a look. I made a tool to remove those with without splitting the crank end.

I never tried whacking the side of flywheel with a ball-peen hammer for fear of messing it up.

These things can be tight . I just about give up on one back in 2018 trying to get it off but it finally popped off . I liked that sound

Here’s a pic. IMG_9499.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #20
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Its not hurt yet. Try the socket thing that cart around mentioned. When the puller gets tight smack the end of it with a hammer
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO