lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone actually like Oil injection?

I wouldn't trust those tabs to ever turn a pump again.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #22
Pauldeere
Not Yet Wild

I have never owned a cart with a injection system. However back in the day I had a moto cross bike with a injection system. It was a common practice to remove the system and go to premixing the oil and gas. As I remember the performance alone was worth the change over.
Pauldeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #23
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The hammer’s round and the flywheel’s round but you got to hit it square... You don’t have to smack it hard but the ball peen makes a better shock... pop it off with one lick... we’re not beatin it off... just poppin it loose
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:02 PM   #24
CoachBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m still stuck here. I’ve used all i know to get this off, except heat. What next? I used all suggested methods and a few of my own with no luck. The clutch was a bear too, but it did come off with impact and puller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CoachBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:25 PM   #25
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Is there a reason not to heat it a bit? Electronics, seals, etc.? Not enough to change color, just to upset the current condition. Alternating heat and cold sometimes frees things up. Warm it up, enough to be uncomfortable to touch is often enough, then a cold, wet rag to rapidly cool, repeat. All while the puller is under tension. You might get that lovely “pop” .
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #26
CoachBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Is there a reason not to heat it a bit? Electronics, seals, etc.? Not enough to change color, just to upset the current condition. Alternating heat and cold sometimes frees things up. Warm it up, enough to be uncomfortable to touch is often enough, then a cold, wet rag to rapidly cool, repeat. All while the puller is under tension. You might get that lovely “pop” .

Jclark, the conventional wisdom is that it will change the hardness of the shaft, but at this point i tend to agree with you. After all it’s just a golf cart engine [emoji23]. I really don’t have any other choice other than splitting the case and fabricating a complicated jig for my press which I’m not doing.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #27
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Gotch ya. But when it’s running, it most likely gets up in the 200deg + range, and I’m suggesting not going much more. As a retired machinist, I can relate that you gotta get it pretty hot to “excite the molecules” enough to change the hardness.
Ideally if you could keep the crank dang cold, ( freon?) and heat the flywheel sufficiently, it would come off without a puller.
Don’t hold me to that bit -
Old 01-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #28
CoachBob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Gotch ya. But when it’s running, it most likely gets up in the 200deg + range, and I’m suggesting not going much more. As a retired machinist, I can relate that you gotta get it pretty hot to “excite the molecules” enough to change the hardness.

Ideally if you could keep the crank dang cold, ( freon?) and heat the flywheel sufficiently, it would come off without a puller.

Don’t hold me to that bit -

Well i do happen to have a can of automotive refrigerant on hand, and a torch. I think I’ll give that a whirl!

Old 01-19-2020, 03:07 PM   #29
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

The refrigerant would have to be on the crankshaft only or it will draw the heat out of the flywheel and squelch the process. Heating and rapid cooling (repeat a couple times) might do just as well.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #30
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Heating and rapid cooling is risky on cast iron parts, about the same as too much hammer work
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO