lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #1
wchouinard1
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 motor mount replacement

Hey guys, I think the mounts are shot on my 1982 G1. I can lift the motor up a lot on pretty much all of them and I wasn't sure if they were supposed to lift up a small amount or not. Anyway, if anyone has a link to buy them or video of replacing them, that'd be great. I planned on just jacking up the motor and replacing?
wchouinard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 motor mount replacement

The motor mounts are notorious for failing. They are made of rubber, and do flex some, but shouldn't move more than 1/4" or so.

Here's a sponsor

https://www.golfcartking.com/search....ection=product

Did you try searching YouTube for a video?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:38 AM   #3
wchouinard1
Not Yet Wild

I did but haven't found one. Haven't looked hard yet. Doing a whole bunch of other stuff in process so figured I'd replace these too.
wchouinard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

replace them while the cart is apart, its just easier. Id call Don Plowman and see what hes got motor mount wise. I belive the stock mounts have be discontinued for years and I have found the after market mounts have a piece that needs trimmed to help stop with vibrations

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
replace them while the cart is apart, its just easier. Id call Don Plowman and see what hes got motor mount wise. I belive the stock mounts have be discontinued for years and I have found the after market mounts have a piece that needs trimmed to help stop with vibrations

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/
Mike, they are available aftermarket. They are the same for G1, G2, G8, G9, G14 according to most suppliers.

https://diygolfcart.com/yamaha-g1-g2...yABEgIUsfD_BwE
Old 03-05-2020, 04:05 PM   #6
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

heres what I ran into on the aftermarket mounts

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=137475
Old 03-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
heres what I ran into on the aftermarket mounts

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=137475
I see that, so what's the issue? Just the vibration? Or do they not last very long?

On mine, the lack of a limiting strap was causing the motor mounts to flex, causing the rubber to tear. Once the limiting strap was addressed, I had no issues.

I've used Ebay mounts for G1, G2, and G9 for several cart builds never had any problems.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #8
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

the after market mounts seemed to work well but had that extra piece, which I belive is the G2 style motor mount. that extra piece lays against the frame after install and causes a good amount of vibration.

The G1 did not have the limiter strap added until 82 or when they changed the starter belt tension setup
Old 03-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Well that all makes sense. I have an 84 G1 do it had the limiter strap, although I had to modify it. So on the aftermarket mounts, you just trim a metal piece off?
Old 03-05-2020, 09:16 PM   #10
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Well that all makes sense. I have an 84 G1 do it had the limiter strap, although I had to modify it. So on the aftermarket mounts, you just trim a metal piece off?
Im pretty sure the aftermarket mounts are copies of the G2-G14?? mounts as they where more widely used?? so I think even OE g2 mounts would work but need modified in the same way, that is if they are even still available. Check post #7 in the link i shared for pics and you can see that extra piece and how it hits the frame on the G1. I guess if you had a torch set or a bottle of map gas you could always ding the chassis with a ballpeen hammer!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha