lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2009 rxv ...... Slipping belt

Well used rxv , daily driver. So I'm not sure if drive belt is wore out or clutch is slipping. From what I've read I'm pretty sure the driven clutch needs tlc. I remember when we first got this cart I was wondering about the belt. What I understood was it could be replaced without removing clutch. Not at that point in time. Now I could probably get it off one handed..... is there a spec on the width of the belt that would let me measure it? Slipping in Texas ….
I did get it off with one hand, was going to order one and had the question of is it a Kawasaki clutch? Dog ask me Hound I know? Is there a way to tell if it's a Kawasaki clutch?
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 rxv ...... Slipping belt

Well no takers? Talkers? I grabbed a belt this morning at the local shop. This helped, but still not quite right. While in town I hit the Lowes and picked up a 1/2x20 bolt and some rod in case I needed to pull a clutch. Good thing I didn't try that, according to the RXV book it's a metric. But I have checked the transaxle fluid. Its full, clean and does not smell burnt. Pulled the right rear brake drum and shoes look a little thin.
Today when I took the pup for her ride to the park it just seemed to not get as much speed as usual. After the mile to the park it made a groaning noise from the back when I untracked it, like a brake shoe not releasing. I felt of both drums but there was no heat. Any body? I'm running out of ideas, how thick should brake shoes be?
Old 03-07-2020, 07:42 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Jack it up then peddle to the floor, is the primary clutch closing and the belt moving to the top of pulley? Is the secondary clutch opening and the belt moving down in the pulley?

Brakes...does it roll free in neutral?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #4
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Done and done, yes and yes. I feel like the dummy, that was to easy. I checked the brake pad thickness on right side, front was .135 back was .145.
On the primary clutch the belt does not go all the way flush with the top, but it never has that I recall..... on the driven clutch it does.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Make a video of it. Upload it to youtube and then post the link here so all can see exactly what it is doing.
I am thinking you got driven clutch problems but hard to say for sure. I don't think there is anything wrong with your brakes. I have had then with very little left on shoe and they still work.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Make a video of it. Upload it to youtube and then post the link here so all can see exactly what it is doing.
I am thinking you got driven clutch problems but hard to say for sure. I don't think there is anything wrong with your brakes. I have had then with very little left on shoe and they still work.
I'm guessing secondary clutch is worn and needs rebuilt or replaced from the sounds of it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:07 AM   #7
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just did a little ride. This seems to be intermittent, and has mainly happened after hard braking and starting up hills after a stop and hold with brakes. When it does this it groans and then like the brake pops loose. I need to get the left side drum off and see what it looks like. This is going on 11 years old brakes, never been touched. If I can't find problem I'll do a try at YouTube but might tax my smart phone savvy…. I really appreciate the replies and imput, thanks!!!!
Old 03-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Back to your original question. The Kawasaki clutch was black if I remember correctly and the team looked like below. There is a difference in what belt is used. They had a lot of issues with the Kawasaki clutch and they came out with an upgrade kit that at the time was cheaper than the new driven clutch. Kit was part number 750410PKG.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B393BCF9-07CF-4913-9AE8-13B260D0329D.jpeg (11.0 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #9
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK it's the driven clutch. It finally did it today where I could see what happened. Belt is trying to turn and back clutch is opening instead of staying closed and opening slowly with rpm. Belt makes a heck of a racket ….. Primary clutch is a Kawasaki. Now I know what to wrestle with.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just make sure the belt you bought was for the Kawasaki clutch. I think it is 606136
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO