lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #1
Josph30
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 belt

What is the factory dimensions on the drive belt for the g29? I have googled and found 2 different sizes saying they are both "factory". And at what time should you replace to prevent failure? Thanks in advance
Josph30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2020, 03:51 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 belt

Well, there is 2 different belts & clutches used in YDRA. 2007-2011 used a different belt than 2012-2015. And dont let anyone fool you any other way, they arent the same.

In general, if your belt got you 4 years, it served you well, but I dont suggest belt replacement based on age alone. If it doesnt sit at the very top of the pulley of the rear clutch when the cart is sitting still, its suspect for not delivering best performance. (Sorry, not finding any good pics)

Only use OEM yamaha belt, or higher quality, no cheapo belts. There are only 3 places I'd ever buy any drive belt from. Yahama OEM, or the very best from these other 2, Plowmans, or Gboost. The very best belts you can buy (kevlar) are only about $15 more than cost of the lowest cost you "should" buy, so why skimp. If the belt your looking at costs less than yamahas OEM belt, run away, it wont even perform good for 2 years (will be worn out, or failing by then). If you have a lifted cart, or use it for more than golf, just skip right to the upgrade belts. My lifted cart wore out OEM belts about every 18-24 months, upgrade belt has been going for years. If your cart is the 2007-11 "team clutch" version, skip right to upgrade belt, those are notorious for "2 year belt life" even stock oem belt on stock carts. (I've seen those even flip the belts inside out & shred them).

Let me save you some time & frustration, spend the extra $15 on the awesome belt. And run fast as you can away from the cheapo $30 belts, unless you like doing the same sh** over & over again.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
Josph30
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info it's a lifted 2015. Use it at the deer lease and running around the neighborhood alot. I measured last night and it's down to 1 1/8 inch. Dont seem too bad but dont seem like it used to be either. I believe it's an OEM replacement, I bought it from a local reputable yamaha dealer. I've been looking at gboost but I'm new to carts so wanted the expert opinion.Again thanks for the input
Josph30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #4
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Look up a Gates 24G3884 this is what I have been using for the past couple of years. I changed my Team clutches for the new JW8 style clutches .
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I run a DBYAJ57H Gboost belt.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha