lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Opinions on what to do with TXT

In the current situation the duromax 440 with its 92 mm bore and VC like 10 bolt block would be my choice. I used two stock type carbs. The original VC 2 circuit with an adjustable main jet added and currently the VC 3 circuit unit with an adjustable main jet and a Shepard modified idle circuit added. Not a bad idea just to add an adjustable main jet to the stock carb and see how it goes. Merely adding some 1.3 ratio rocker arms along with HD valve springs and push rods gives a nice top end to about 5000 rpms the rev limit for the stock connecting rod. In the clone section Steveop 25 is using something along these lines.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

FWIW my last clone in my TXT was a lifan 15hp.from home depot. I picked that one because it had a 15 or 18 amp charging coil on it, compared to the 2-3 amp in most clones.

I kept the stock carb and everything and pretty much left it completely alone. I added a nipple to the plastic carb spacer to run the OEM fuel pump and fuel tank, and relocated the key switch to the dash instead of the front of the motor. It started, idled, and ran great. No problems there. And since my TXT was lifted, the whole engine fit on the vegas carts cradle without "having" to relocate the airbox, muffler, or gas tank. I left the muffler alone, because frequently driving through tall dry grass I liked the idea of the muffler being way up high.

It's not a cheap conversion, especially in a TXT because of the split engine cradle design. But the vegas cradle was really easy to install and it was a very clean installation after removing all of the OEM wiring stuffs. You may have to play with the idle speed to get it just right, so it doesnt creep and you can shift without shutting off the motor. But once you get the little things like that dialed in, should be relatively reliable and not something you'll have to fiddle with every weekend. But the initial setup and tuning will take a little bit of time and effort to get everything just right.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Just to be clear here IF you use the stock S/G which IMHO is the way to do it the charging system of the clone engine does not come into play at all. In fact VC engines don't have one at all.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #14
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Totally understood Ray. My plan would be to use the OEM S/G if I go aftermarket motor if at all possible. Can it be used on the VC 625? Assuming they come available at some time in the future that is. I've contemplated a twin HF 670, but it sounds like you cant start them with the OEM S/G...just electric start, and idle. Not gonna be a trails machine, but more of a neighborhood bomber and yard machine...if it did wheelies, I wouldn't be upset. If I go away from pedal start, I will definitely tie in either a small alternator, or the original S/G to the pulley system and bracketry for charging, as I will have a stereo, lights, maybe a winch, who knows what's in store for this thing if I decide to build it.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:47 AM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The 625 kits used an engine starter. VC was working on some kits to use the S/G BUT I am sure that would only be possible with certain carts due to space. On the 390-460 clone with the S/G you can have either key or pedal start with the S/G. The stock S/G puts out a decent amount of current like cars before the switch to alternators.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO