lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
Edgenterprises
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Body Paint

Any cool ideas on body paint for the a golf cart with metal body panels?

I was thinking a bed liner product possibly for the body panels, or maybe a wrap of some type, but don't know anything about wraps.
Edgenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Body Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgenterprises View Post
Any cool ideas on body paint for the a golf cart with metal body panels?

I was thinking a bed liner product possibly for the body panels, or maybe a wrap of some type, but don't know anything about wraps.
i used a product called raptor line, you can get it from amazon. comes with 4 bottle and a gun.

super easy to spray. you'll spend more time preying than you take to spray it.

i attached a picture of my finished product on a plastic body.

i'd use an extremely rough scotch pad or maybe like 80 or 60 grit sand paper, washing everything with rubbing alcohol & do your frist coat super light and then do at minimum 3-4 coats.

you can also buy it in clear and add your own paint to make whatever color you want.

great product, i pretty much sprayed my entire cart, body, fenders & speaker pods. it's held up pretty well. almost a year and still looks new.

https://www.amazon.com/U-Pol-Raptor-...4735892&sr=8-6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo body 2.jpg (122.1 KB, 0 views)
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

In the 20 years I've owned mine I've painted it 4 times lol, I bought it with the very ugly factory green. Since then it's been black, silver and red twice. This last time I've now Finally got the absolute prettiest red pearl metal flake there is in the whole wide world, topped with 4 coats of clear. Luckily for me I have a buddy that owns a body shop, all I have to do is strip it and keep him in beer for the rest of the job. He averaged about 4 cases each time lol, but the more he drinks the better job he does......

Here's a few pics of the silver and the final red, my avatar pic is the final one also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG952017072095162204570.jpg (164.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG952017072195152038434.jpg (320.3 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
Edgenterprises
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Dabble,
Did you paint it yourself? Are you a body man?

Looks really sweet - way too nice for a golf cart...
Edgenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
In the 20 years I've owned mine I've painted it 4 times lol, I bought it with the very ugly factory green. Since then it's been black, silver and red twice. This last time I've now Finally got the absolute prettiest red pearl metal flake there is in the whole wide world, topped with 4 coats of clear. Luckily for me I have a buddy that owns a body shop, all I have to do is strip it and keep him in beer for the rest of the job. He averaged about 4 cases each time lol, but the more he drinks the better job he does......

Here's a few pics of the silver and the final red, my avatar pic is the final one also
That sir is what a REAL paint job looks like! Sure nice to see nowadays!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Ugly factory green is the color of money which I like and as long as amazon stock keep jumping I got that covered
Your cart looks great
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Thanks y'all, and now I'll let yous in on a little secret of what/where this particular color originated.......

As some of you might already know (and recognize from the pics) Polaris Industries actually paints some of their RZRs, 4-Wheelers and Rangers with an automotive finish rather than just the plain colored plastic. Back in 2010 I bought one, Loved the color so much I decided to match my golf cart with it. Problem was the dealers can't/won't get it from Polaris and the local paint shops with their sophisticated paint matching equipment couldn't match it either, So on the hunt I went.....

After many hours online and phone calls I finally found the company that provides the Polaris factories with it, although they wouldn't sell it to me directly they were nice enough to ship it to a local dealer for pick up. The dealer didn't even know what it was they just knew it was a special order money maker at $150 a quart lol.........

2nd problem that I still have today, my painter dude was worried that 1 quart may not be enough. So I went through it all over again and was able to have another quart sent to this dealer AND with the agreement IF I don't open it I could bring it back.....

Well, we didn't use it. Never opened it, in fact it's still in the unopened shipping box it came in. Then the dealer decided it was a special order so no returns, as of today I still haven't came up with something else to use it on lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170826_202155.jpg (264.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170826_202208.jpg (275.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170826_202236.jpg (261.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-21-2020, 03:07 PM   #8
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks y'all, and now I'll let yous in on a little secret of what/where this particular color originated.......

As some of you might already know (and recognize from the pics) Polaris Industries actually paints some of their RZRs, 4-Wheelers and Rangers with an automotive finish rather than just the plain colored plastic. Back in 2010 I bought one, Loved the color so much I decided to match my golf cart with it. Problem was the dealers can't/won't get it from Polaris and the local paint shops with their sophisticated paint matching equipment couldn't match it either, So on the hunt I went.....

After many hours online and phone calls I finally found the company that provides the Polaris factories with it, although they wouldn't sell it to me directly they were nice enough to ship it to a local dealer for pick up. The dealer didn't even know what it was they just knew it was a special order money maker at $150 a quart lol.........

2nd problem that I still have today, my painter dude was worried that 1 quart may not be enough. So I went through it all over again and was able to have another quart sent to this dealer AND with the agreement IF I don't open it I could bring it back.....

Well, we didn't use it. Never opened it, in fact it's still in the unopened shipping box it came in. Then the dealer decided it was a special order so no returns, as of today I still haven't came up with something else to use it on lol.
You just store that beautiful quart of color in a cool dry place that doesn't freeze. Money in the bank if you don't use it and decide to sell it. 150$ for a quart of red automotive paint is not out of line anymore! PS, those are friggin beautiful rims on your buggy too!
Old 07-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #9
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Yes sir, it's in a closet in my house lol. And the activator came in a separate can so from what I've been told it has a long long shelf life

Yours looks like a nice paint job too
Old 07-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #10
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks but no. Mine, being a work cart, just got a top quality machinery enamel sprayed with a hardener. Tough and easier to touch up [if I get around to it someday] than a basecoat/pearl/clear!

Tags
bed liner, spray paint, wrap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO