lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
Rhelloms
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car, checking the MCOR

I trying to diagnose my cart and can’t find a test for my MCOR. Can anyone send me a link to a “how to” video or explain to me how to check my MCOR? I have a 48 volt Club Car DS with IQ system.

Thanks in advance.
Rhelloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #2
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car, checking the MCOR

You didn't say what the symptoms are. If it's erratic speed, slowing down and speeding back up without changing the accelerator pedal then it's likely the MCOR.
One test you can do is with the cart in neutral, pump the accelerator pedal about 20 times. If the problem goes away for a while, you have a bad MCOR.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #3
Rhelloms
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply, Down South. The current issue is it will sometimes run and sometimes it won’t. When it won’t the solenoid won’t click but crossing the large lugs don’t make it run either so I was thinking it’s probably not the solenoid, however I changed it just to make sure and same problem exist. I’ve changed the speed sensor (because they are cheap) and the F&R switch (because I had one) and the batteries are brand new. So I was assuming MCOR should at least be my next diagnostic or replacement to see as it’s the next cheapest part.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
Rhelloms
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I’m just now got back to give an update. I had to take a break from that cart before I burned it to the ground (literally). So after changing many new parts to get the cart right, I learned that I had a hot wire that was grounding out on my OBC. Grrrrrr. Missed that one during my wiring check which is one of my first few test. So my problem with this cart is fixed. Now off to the next one my wife’s lol.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:47 PM   #5
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Glad to hear that you found the problem.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 08:20 PM   #6
ssaucedo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhelloms View Post
Sorry I’m just now got back to give an update. I had to take a break from that cart before I burned it to the ground (literally). So after changing many new parts to get the cart right, I learned that I had a hot wire that was grounding out on my OBC. Grrrrrr. Missed that one during my wiring check which is one of my first few test. So my problem with this cart is fixed. Now off to the next one my wife’s lol.
What does this mean? My cart won’t go forward or backwards, but even when I have it on tow and key off, there seems to be power in the cart cause I sometimes get pops when I connect things
ssaucedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagnosing, mcor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car