lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
joshandersonmn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1976 EZGo Running Temp?

All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hope I do this right!

A year ago I was gifted a 1976 EZGo with what I believe is the 2PG Robin power plant from my grandfather. My grandpa I know bought it on an online auction and was disappointed it came with three wheels. I think he mainly used it for getting the mail down his driveway. Other than that, it sat, outdoors, in tall grass, 24/7. Until he said I could have it.

It actually runs pretty well. I use it to run trips to the grocery store or around town errands. Usually five or less minutes at a time. I'm thinking about redoing it, but had some questions (mainly about temp) before I start.

The cart seems to run really hot, so today I did a test to share with you what kind of temps I'm experiencing to see if they are out of line or not. Below are the results of the test. I measured the temp on the plate where the engine number is stamped, on the fan shroud, and in the middle of the muffler. The details are:

Air Temp75
Pavement Temp: 100
Engine Temp Before Test (Constant) 75
Compressin (engine cold, choked, throttle down): 95 PSI
Laps: 5. 1-4 were .25 mile laps, lap 5 was .5 mile
Duration: 15 minutes. Temps recorded and go
Average Speed: 11 MPH
Top Speed: 14 MPH
Fuel:91 Octane, mixed with oil

Lap Temps, separated by comma, where it was recorded

ENGINE STAMP:
89,106, 145, 150, 138

FAN SHROUD:
91,102, 115, 115, 113

MUFFLER:
124, 182, 252, 263, 282

My question is, are these temps inline with what is normal? I am planing to do some body work and might cut a grill and put an accessory fan in if not. Moreover, I have heard about "BBQing" the muffler. Keep in mind, this cart sat outside in Minnesota year round, so it's possible that it is also full of crap. I know my compression isn't great, but the cart drives really well and starts instantly. Essentially, I'm looking for any help you might be able to provide before I dump money into this.

Thanks!
joshandersonmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1976 EZGo Running Temp?

Seem like pretty good temps to me. Leaving for work. More thoughts later.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO