lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
tjbitt
Not Yet Wild

Default Lopsided Club car

Hi all new to this forum and golf carts. I just retired to the beach in South Carolina and my wife wanted a golf cart to drive to the beach. I bought a 2016 Club Car Precedent that has been completely redone with new everything except the frame.
I noticed after I got it home that when you look at it from behind, the drivers side sits lower to the pavement than the passenger side. I put a level on it and it definitely slopes to the drivers side. I measured and it is about 3/4 inch lower on the drivers side compared to the passenger side.
FWIW, I used the level on the front and it was level, on the dash--level, floorboard level, but from the backend it's off.
Not a big deal but I'm like is it supposed to be like this? I called the salesman and he said , "I'll check with the service dept". He got back to me and he said , Oh, Club cars are just that way. I call BS. Any thoughts? Could it be the leaf springs or shocks not adjusted properly or the body not shimmed right on the frame. If that's the way they are no prob, but if not I want it corrected.
Like I say , I'm a total newbie to golf carts, so any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200805_182410078.jpg (158.3 KB, 0 views)
tjbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Lopsided Club car

To BGW.

What I see and what you describe is a classic case of the driver's side getting more use over time and the leaf spring(s) get weaker on that side.

Of course, it could be another issue but no it is not normal.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
tjbitt
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Mooncarter, I wondered if the springs might be an issue. Honestly it doesn't bother me unless it's not good for the carts steering or suspension. I still think I might get them to look at it.

I see you are from Richmond. I just retired to Myrtle Beach from Charlottesville after 31 years at UVA. My son in-law is a professor at VCU.
tjbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbitt View Post
Thanks Mooncarter, I wondered if the springs might be an issue. Honestly it doesn't bother me unless it's not good for the carts steering or suspension. I still think I might get them to look at it.

I see you are from Richmond. I just retired to Myrtle Beach from Charlottesville after 31 years at UVA. My son in-law is a professor at VCU.
One of our resident experts (Fairtax) is from your area.

I graduated from VCU. 1996.

That "lean" would drive me nuts until I figured it out. Take it back to them and tell them it is not normal.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #5
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with Mooncarter , my OCD wouldnt allow it ....you could drive from the passenger side till it evens out but that would take awhile .......you could switch springs , then it would be even when your in it.... .....easiest and best fix imo , would be to counterweight the passenger side with beer until it leans 6 inches the other way, then remove beers one at a time till she sits straight......
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Is the front tire flat?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:58 PM   #7
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
.....easiest and best fix imo , would be to counterweight the passenger side with beer until it leans 6 inches the other way, then remove beers one at a time till she sits straight......
Good advice.

Welcome!!!
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

My cart leans like that. It all started when I removed the Lead-Acid batteries and replaced them with lithium. The lithium batteries are on the drivers side. One day I might get around to centering them in the battery bucket.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
I agree with Mooncarter , my OCD wouldnt allow it ....you could drive from the passenger side till it evens out but that would take awhile .......you could switch springs , then it would be even when your in it.... .....easiest and best fix imo , would be to counterweight the passenger side with beer until it leans 6 inches the other way, then remove beers one at a time till she sits straight......
i have done this and it works 100% of the time. Not sure why it works but after about 7 beers my OCD goes away and I don't care if my cart is leaning.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:29 PM   #10
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
i have done this and it works 100% of the time. Not sure why it works but after about 7 beers my OCD goes away and I don't care if my cart is leaning.

thats because YOU are leaning.....but yeah , beer does fix OCD.....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car