lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2020, 07:11 AM   #1
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

Default dual usb ports

Hi,
A question :

there are dual usb ports on the onward,can someone tell me if both have same specs( volts/amps output) and what are the specs and if one or the other is a fast charger? (5v/2amps) and if there is a way to measure that?

thanks
cheenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: dual usb ports

You can get one of those nifty usb volt/amp meter and a passive load to test the output.

I use a similar meter to determine when a usb cable is no longer charging devices at full current.
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Multi...SMQZV&dchild=1
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You can get one of those nifty usb volt/amp meter and a passive load to test the output.

I use a similar meter to determine when a usb cable is no longer charging devices at full current.
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Multi...SMQZV&dchild=1
Hi Sergio,

I will order that but do you know what specs are for the usb ports? and what is the passive load(excuse my lack of knowledge).
Old 08-08-2020, 07:51 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unless otherwise shown on the front of the port itself, I would assume a regular 1.2A.

That meter plugs in the USB port and then you plug your phone/device into the other port on the meter.

That allows you to see the output voltage 5V or 9V and the charging current being used by your device.

The "load device" provides a 1A or 2A resistor load and it can be used instead of your phone.

The idea for the load is that if You know your phone handles 2A but You only get 0.87A on the meter when trying to charge, You can use that load directly on the meter to test if the charger itself is able to deliver more current, which would indicate a bad cable.

You can also see how much will the charger output voltage changes under load without using your phone as the "tester".

You would be surprised how many times you cannot get 2A to charge your phone but the issue is not the USB charger, it is your cable that has developed a problem.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:55 AM   #5
cheenu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Unless otherwise shown on the front of the port itself, I would assume a regular 1.2A.

That meter plugs in the USB port and then you plug your phone/device into the other port on the meter.

That allows you to see the output voltage 5V or 9V and the charging current being used by your device.

The "load device" provides a 1A or 2A resistor load and it can be used instead of your phone.

The idea for the load is that if You know your phone handles 2A but You only get 0.87A on the meter when trying to charge, You can use that load directly on the meter to test if the charger itself is able to deliver more current, which would indicate a bad cable.

You can also see how much will the charger output voltage changes under load without using your phone as the "tester".

You would be surprised how many times you cannot get 2A to charge your phone but the issue is not the USB charger, it is your cable that has developed a problem.
Thank you very much
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car