lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2020, 07:20 AM   #1
shinyside
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding Turn Signals to my RXV

Howdy folks! New guy here with a 2013 RXV.

Have a cart w/ headlights/turn signals/stop lights but no turn signals which I need for DMV inspection to make street legal.

I called Buggies Unlimited and spoke with a very knowledgeable technician which helped me determine whether or not I could "add a signal kit" in. After determining I have a 3 wire light kit going to my assemblies he stated that there should be a 6 or 8 pin adapter under my cup holder console to add the signal kit. He was adamant that the wiring for my lights was created with the option of adding signals... But I cannot find any pin connectors under the console.

Anybody have insight with these RXV to perhaps determine if the pin connector could be located somewhere else? I'd hate to junk a great light kit to replace it with a whole new one just for signals. Thanks in advance and I've tried to attach a picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20201016_154114341.jpg (285.1 KB, 0 views)
shinyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Adding Turn Signals to my RXV

The black box is the brake light relay. Need a better picture of the harness. Also if there is a plug it could be behind the key switch. I hope you have the cart in tow while removing covers...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:32 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't see anything there. Perhaps they tucked the wiring farther up into the "snout" of the cart. You could start at the light switch and see where it leads.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #4
shinyside
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The black box is the brake light relay. Need a better picture of the harness. Also if there is a plug it could be behind the key switch. I hope you have the cart in tow while removing covers...
Okay, thank you. I'll dive back in this week to look deeper.

And yes. I leave it in Tow unless I have intentions of turning the key on.

I've also had people tell me to disconnect the batteries when doing anything to it. I'm not sure which one to follow??
Old 10-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #5
shinyside
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I don't see anything there. Perhaps they tucked the wiring farther up into the "snout" of the cart. You could start at the light switch and see where it leads.
Thank you. I will most certainly dive into it a bit more later this week. It was the end of a hot day, that's the furthest I felt like going lol. Thanks again!
Old 10-24-2020, 06:22 PM   #6
Medik13
Not Yet Wild

I just installed a turn signal plug and play kit on my 2009 RXV. It was easy. Purchased the kit off of Amazon. Took the 3 nuts off for the cup holder trim. There are some wire harnesses located there. I use the enclosed adaptor harness and plugged it in to the existing harness that had the jumper harness. I attached the black box harness and viola... I had turn signals.
Medik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:46 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It sure works easy when interfaced with the factory wiring. It's a lot trickier with all the different aftermarket lights out there.. I'm "sorta glad" that more places are making a kit to hook to that. I say "sorta glad" because some aftermarket parts are total junk, and for me to diagnose factory wiring mixed with aftermarket junk is gonna be a shitshow.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #8
shinyside
Not Yet Wild

Hey all! Update :-) after doing some more digging into my wiring harness I did indeed find the factory eight pin connector underneath the rubber floor mat. It was kind of just tucked back in there. I ordered the appropriate turn signal kit, plug and play and done! Turn signals, and I'm ready for my DMV inspection :-)
Old 04-16-2021, 04:25 PM   #9
ecoast
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyside View Post
Hey all! Update :-) after doing some more digging into my wiring harness I did indeed find the factory eight pin connector underneath the rubber floor mat. It was kind of just tucked back in there. I ordered the appropriate turn signal kit, plug and play and done! Turn signals, and I'm ready for my DMV inspection :-)
what kit did you find?
ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO