lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
AdamDavis
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Club Car DS (villager 6) Contoller

Hello - I am new to Buggies Gone Wild, I've read several treads over the years which are super helpful but I'm hoping to more specific answers to my Club Car.

I have a 2003 Cub Car Villager 6 which was given to me by a friend not running. His HOA needed it out of his yard. I've tested the motor and it spins, I've added a new solenoid (clicks like it should). However, the cart still doesn't move at all.

At this point, I am starting to believe the MCOR or the controller. I am assuming since the solenoid is clicking, the MCOR is sending signal and the MCOR is good. Is that correct?

When doing some testing with my voltage tester, I am not seeing any major voltage drop when I depress the pedal for B+ to m- (it will change about 1 volt).

Do I have a bad controller? If so, does anyone know where I can get a replacement 1204-412 controller or interchangeable controller. I'm not looking to go Alltrax.

I appreciate any help in advanced!
AdamDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS (villager 6) Contoller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamDavis View Post
-snip-

At this point, I am starting to believe the MCOR or the controller. I am assuming since the solenoid is clicking, the MCOR is sending signal and the MCOR is good. Is that correct? No, that only tells you the MS is good in the MCOR

When doing some testing with my voltage tester, I am not seeing any major voltage drop when I depress the pedal for B+ to m- (it will change about 1 volt). Bad MCOR will also cause that if it is not telling the controller to ramp up.
See red. You need to test the MCOR output.
With the batteries connected, key switch Off, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If you have bad voltage readings, it is a bad MCOR potentiometer..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #3
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Hello - I am new to Buggies Gone Wild, I've read several treads over the years which are super helpful but I'm hoping to more specific answers to my Club Car.

I have a 2003 Cub Car Villager 6 which was given to me by a friend not running. His HOA needed it out of his yard. I've tested the motor and it spins, I've added a new solenoid (clicks like it should). However, the cart still doesn't move at all.

At this point, I am starting to believe the MCOR or the controller. I am assuming since the solenoid is clicking, the MCOR is sending signal and the MCOR is good. Is that correct?

When doing some testing with my voltage tester, I am not seeing any major voltage drop when I depress the pedal for B+ to m- (it will change about 1 volt).

Do I have a bad controller? If so, does anyone know where I can get a replacement 1204-412 controller or interchangeable controller. I'm not looking to go Alltrax.

I appreciate any help in advanced!
Free golf cart?? If your close to CA and want to make a quick $1,000 bucks let me know

Been looking for a 6 seater at a good price for years
golfer188910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
Ahayes0101
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
With the batteries connected, key switch Off, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If you have bad voltage readings, it is a bad MCOR potentiometer..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
Thanks so much for the information, NoleFan4Ever! I tested the MCOR as your recommended above. I was getting 0.00vdc regardless of the pedal position. I pulled the MCOR from another DS I have with a known working MCOR and the cart still didn’t run. I tested the yellow wire on the 3-pin connector with the known working MCOR and still got 0.00vdc.
Ahayes0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:51 PM   #5
Ahayes0101
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer188910 View Post
Free golf cart?? If your close to CA and want to make a quick $1,000 bucks let me know

Been looking for a 6 seater at a good price for years
I got lucky on this!

I’m most likely not going to sell this one. It’s great for friends and family hauling. Thanks for your interest though.
Ahayes0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #6
AdamDavis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Thanks so much for the information, NoleFan4Ever! I tested the MCOR as your recommended above. I was getting 0.00vdc regardless of the pedal position. I pulled the MCOR from another DS I have with a known working MCOR and the cart still didn’t run. I tested the yellow wire on the 3-pin connector with the known working MCOR and still got 0.00vdc.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:29 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahayes0101 View Post
Quote:
Looks like you have two (2) different profiles....

If no voltage coming out, there is another wire coming in of the three (3) there (may be white w/black stripe) that you need to probe and see if you get 5vdc. There is a constant 5vdc going in and then the potentiometer regulates the output back to the controller thru the Yellow wire. (You need the White wire (top of MCOR) and Yellow wire (wiper) to get a 5k-0 signal on the 3-pin connector. The purple wire (bottom of MCOR) is not used.) If you trace it back to the controller and there is no voltage, the controller has a failed and will have to be replaced.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:25 PM   #8
AdamDavis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Looks like you have two (2) different profiles....

If no voltage coming out, there is another wire coming in of the three (3) there (may be white w/black stripe) that you need to probe and see if you get 5vdc. There is a constant 5vdc going in and then the potentiometer regulates the output back to the controller thru the Yellow wire. (You need the White wire (top of MCOR) and Yellow wire (wiper) to get a 5k-0 signal on the 3-pin connector. The purple wire (bottom of MCOR) is not used.) If you trace it back to the controller and there is no voltage, the controller has a failed and will have to be replaced.
Yeah, I figured out somehow I have two profiles... . Please ignore my technical errors.

I traced the wire as recommended and regretfully, no voltage. Got to starting looking for a new controller. Any ideas where to get a decently priced 1204-412 controller?

Someone offered to sell me their Alltrax NPX4834, 0-5K that they are no longer using but I'm trying to figure out if my Club Car is a 0-5K or 5-0K. Any ideas on how I can find out?

Thanks for your help, NoleFan4Ever!
Old 12-23-2020, 06:41 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That cart has a 5k-0 throttle.

Those are old. Here are some repair services and purchases https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...4-412&_sacat=0 but before I spent that, I would buy a MUCH better Alltrax https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...roller-300-amp for about the same money.

Tags
club car, curtis controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car