lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #21
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Default Re: SO CLOSE to moving!

is there a way to duplicate an MCORs output just for testing?

its gonna do one of 2 things....voltage or resistance
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2021, 03:44 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Let me be clear, the 1268 controller does not work with 2-wire rheostat type throttles, either 0-5k or 5k-0.

Plain IQ controllers not only can be programmed for 2-wires but even on a 3-wire setup the negative (return) signal is shared with the common negative so it would really not matter where the purple was connected for those controllers.

The 1268 controller so called 5k-0 throttle is a 3-wire and it requires a dedicated negative (return) for the throttle (pin #14).

Looking at the picture you posted it looks like the purple from the MCOR goes to the 16-pin connector (pin #3), but instead of that adapter short harness extending that wire to the 24-pin connector pin #14, they had you connect it to B-, that is wrong.

Make sure you get continuity from the MCOR purple wire to the 16-pin connector pin #3.

If You do, disconnect that wire from B- and just stick it in the pin #14 on the 24-pin connector to see if it works.

If it does you will need to crimp a new pin on that wire and put it on the 24-pin connector pin #14 location.

That is assuming they configured the 1268 controller for a 5k-0 3 wire throttle and not an ITS throttle.

The resistance reading that you got is the correct on for the new MCOR4.

Edit:

Pinout information:

Code:
Function              16-pin connector     24-pin connector
Throttle High                1                  13
Throttle Wiper               2                  15
Throttle Low                 3                  14

Last edited by Sergio; 01-13-2021 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Added pin mapping for throttle
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:45 PM   #23
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am going to have to print that out and read it a few times. I wish I was smarter and did not have to rely on people to help me through my inadequateness-GRRRR.

Thank you for the info, Sergio. While the tech on the other end of the phone sounded like he knew what he was talking about as he told me what to test, I trust you much more and truly appreciate it. Hopefully I will have time to go out tonight and test as you mention. Just frustrating that I can't see through the bad advice (kicking myself now).

Happy that I haven't fried anything, but feel like I am just one wire away if I follow bad advice. Really did not want to buy a new MCOR to replace a new MCOR, so hopefully will be able to provide info later tonight.
simicrintz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #24
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just went back and read everything and feel like I am ignoring you, morvolts, and I do not mean to! I check in when I can and don't always have time (or I just am always in a rush!) to check and reply like I'd like. Thank you for chiming in and making me think; I know that there are problems and solutions, and that I just need to find the solution. Being poked and forced to think helps, and I do appreciate it!
Old 01-13-2021, 09:45 PM   #25
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Just went back and read everything and feel like I am ignoring you, morvolts, and I do not mean to! I check in when I can and don't always have time (or I just am always in a rush!) to check and reply like I'd like. Thank you for chiming in and making me think; I know that there are problems and solutions, and that I just need to find the solution. Being poked and forced to think helps, and I do appreciate it!
go slow and take deliberate and calculated steps
just remember when you let the magic smoke out,its hard to get it back in.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:16 PM   #26
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

The magic smoke is what I am terrified of!!!!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:27 PM   #27
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK-went out and tried checking continuity. I do not have anything in either pin connector #3 or #14, so I made a wire with male and female ends (2 separate wires) to plug into the pigtail coming out of the MCOR so that I could try and tone out the #3 and #14 pins and the purple wire. With one end of the MM on the wire (purple) coming out of the MCOR I stabbed pin #3 and pin # 14, and got nothing on either (checked tone touching probes to assure MM working).

This is directly to the purple wire coming out of the MCOR. Which wire are you seeing as purple in the pic, Sergio (the only one that looks kinda purple to me is in #19)? I am counting from right to left in the pic; #1 being bottom right and # 13 being top right.

I am sure it is me missing something (and maybe I just need to start fresh in the morning instead of after a day of putting out fires). I got confused about the 16 pin connector since I only have a 24 pin connector; am I missing something there as well?

I'm gonna go take a shower and think about this, then sit on the couch with my wife and watch something mindless on TV; hopefully that will clear the cobwebs and get me thinking clearly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Controller wire harness 1.jpg (100.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Controller wire harness 2.jpg (103.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-13-2021, 11:38 PM   #28
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
...snip..
I am sure it is me missing something (and maybe I just need to start fresh in the morning instead of after a day of putting out fires). I got confused about the 16 pin connector since I only have a 24 pin connector; am I missing something there as well?
Maybe I misunderstood what you are saying, but isn't this your 16 pin connector that Sergio is talking about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16 Pin Connector.jpg (141.0 KB, 0 views)
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:39 AM   #29
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

It could be, CC! In the post there is mention of a 16 pin connector and a 24 pin connector, so I counted the pins in this and there are 24, so then I started wondering what I wasn't understanding; I'm still not sure!

I did as I mentioned about taking a shower, but then sat on the couch and watched Newsmax instead of something mindless, so now I am not only confused but also angry :)
Old 01-14-2021, 01:02 AM   #30
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
It could be, CC! In the post there is mention of a 16 pin connector and a 24 pin connector, so I counted the pins in this and there are 24, so then I started wondering what I wasn't understanding; I'm still not sure!

I did as I mentioned about taking a shower, but then sat on the couch and watched Newsmax instead of something mindless, so now I am not only confused but also angry :)
I think it is the 16 pin connector. Look closely at both connectors and you should see numbers stamped in the plastic. They will show "1" on one end of a row and "8" or "12" at the end of that row. On the other side of the plastic, usually, you'll see more numbers for the bottom row.

Angry, too. I'm going to turn off the news and watch Downton Abbey.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car