lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2021, 11:40 PM   #11
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Ez-go TxT Gas GoffCart Trouble Pulling Hills

Also how do I find out what motor I have in my 2007 easy go TXT I cannot find it on it anywhere. And almost every place I look for parts wants to know what type of motor I have and I’m not sure what it is here is a picture maybe someone can help me because I am new at this and I am lost. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AB953AF8-D575-4E82-8422-82E8E6F3501C.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1B67E4F2-4B5D-41FA-B36B-4E06A055E72F.jpg (123.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 10E77143-7D61-434A-946D-4CCA497FDD6E.jpg (113.5 KB, 0 views)
Travis0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2021, 04:51 AM   #12
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis0426 View Post
Also how do I find out what motor I have in my 2007 easy go TXT I cannot find it on it anywhere. And almost every place I look for parts wants to know what type of motor I have and I’m not sure what it is here is a picture maybe someone can help me because I am new at this and I am lost. Thanks in advance.
You have a 9 horsepower MCI Robbin 295cc 4-stroke engine...

That belt should ride at the outside edge. If you still have the old belt, put it back on and see if it rides there. If it does, it may fix the problem. If not, the pop might have been the screws on the ramp buttons inside the driven clutch breaking, which will cause it to not be able to downshift....might have broken the spring in the driven clutch.
Try the old belt first to make sure the new belt isn't the problem. If it sits the same in the driven clutch, and acts the same on hills, replace the driven clutch. Look in the site sponsors area, and you will find vendors willing to help. You have to reach out to the. Directly. You currently have what is called a 36 degree clutch...there is a 28 degree clutch that is built for pulling and normally comes in the workhorse machines. It will mount right up and pull hills better than what you have.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:48 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That belt is probably toast. I’d start with a new belt, the edge of the belt should sit even, or slightly above the edge of the clutch when it’s parked. Can you measure the width of the belt? If the clutch is not closing all the way it can make the belt sit lower than it should.

I’ve used the 28 degree clutch on Amazon with success. Worked fine. They’re a bit more expensive than the standard clutch but provide more torque. Worth it if you have oversized tires.

It may also help to understand how the clutches operate with speed vs torque. The front drive and rear driven clutches work in harmony. As the engine spins faster, the front drive clutch closes and draws the belt outward on the clutch, which in turn will pull harder on the rear clutch and draw the belt to the inside of the rear driven clutch.

When the belt is on the outside edge of the rear clutch, the mechanical advantage is biased towards torque to get the cart moving. Think bicycle on the largest sized gear that you shift to when you’re going up a hill. You spin the pedals really fast and it’s easy to pedal but you won’t go very fast. As the cart gets moving, it draws it into the lower part of the driven clutch. At the same time as it draws to the outer edge of the front clutch. Now you’re pedaling slower but going much faster. Smaller gear produces more speed at the same pedal effort once you get to that speed.

Right now your belt is sitting in the middle or so of the driven clutch. So you have no torque. This could be due to a broken or worn clutch, or a worn out belt. Either way your power curve is waaaaay off from what it should be. A new belt should be 1 1/8” to 1 3/16” wide if I recall
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:18 AM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Here is how both my workhorse and TXT belt with 28 degree driven clutches look. They both will pull a large hill with ease. You can see where these belts sit when parked.

The 28 degree center with new ramp buttons make a big difference if where the belt runs is not worn out.

You can feel with your finger and tell right away if its too worn to repair.

Looks like I got ant-seize on my TXT belt which is new, the one where you see the part number. Shame on me
My belt is sitting down more in driven clutch than the workhorse now that I see the picture but for now its fine because I have not used it in months
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch 2.jpg (116.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg clutch.jpg (165.8 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:09 AM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Can you tell me where to purchase the clutch and why do I need to look up for us style I guess this is my first time I have no clue I’ve seen some clutches on Amazon just don’t know which one to get any info would be greatly appreciate it thanks. Also the belt does ride inside down inside the clutch but the belt that came on it used to not ride down in it but now does and when I bought the new one it wrote on the outside edge also and just started riding down inside of it when I heard that pop don’t know if that’s what it was or not but I noticed now when I park it sitting down inside the rear clutch here I’ll post you a picture.
Not a big fan of Amazon clutches, belts, parts in general, unless they are factory parts. I would look at our sponsors page and contact one who is and Ezgo dealer. Or, buy an aftermarket part from a sponsor. Using a sponsor increases your chances of getting good parts and good service drastically.

If you buy parts online, you want it to be right and to work correctly. Some cheaper ebay and amazon parts are china junk and sometimes you can't return it. Just make sure you get a guarantee and/or a return policy.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:43 PM   #16
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

My new to me 2005 TXT didn't want to pull hills. I thought it might be the belt. Now I'm sure. Mine sits where the OP's belt is. New one on the way.

I did run mine in neutral so I could watch the clutches function. They seem to.. Might be different under a load. The new belt should tell me.
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:26 AM   #17
PharmGuy85
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am having the same issues with my 2006 TXT (with 295 MCI engine also) and I believe my driven clutch is in need of a rebuild. After changing the belt to a new and 1 inch shorter version; the issue only slightly improved. Still can only climb hills at a creep.

If you want to rebuild your 36 degree clutch to a 28 degree (high altitude) here is what you will need:
Taken from Ruredy in a 2007 post:

The 28 degree cam, and buttons can be bought from ezgo.
E-Z-GO part #'s are
1 each - 72329-G01 Cam
3 each - 72324-G01 Button
use 120 degrees of preload, and the middle spring setting.

I believe you might also want to replace the driven clutch spring as well which is 26304-g01

If you want to keep with stock 36 degree rebuild:
3 each - 26479-g01 Button (36degree)
reuse your Cam
same spring 26304-g01
PharmGuy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:12 PM   #18
Travis0426
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Loose belt on the clutch is normal. How wide is your belt or where does it sit on the rear driven clutch when the cart is off? The belt should rear even with or slightly above the edges of the clutch.

A 28 degree driven clutch is a nice upgrade for torque
Yes could you please tell me what all I would need to switch from the 36 to the 28 degree clutch. Would I need a different belt as well. Thanks for all your help.
Travis0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:13 AM   #19
PharmGuy85
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes could you please tell me what all I would need to switch from the 36 to the 28 degree clutch. Would I need a different belt as well. Thanks for all your help.
Just the parts in bold from my previous posts. About $80 for the cam/helix and the buttons are about $5 a piece.

There are some aftermarket 28 degree clutches on eBay for around $130...I’m hesitant because I don’t know the quality. Might be better to spend the $100 on parts and upgrade yours to 28 degree.
PharmGuy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO