lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2021, 01:37 PM   #1
mike hardigree
Not Yet Wild

Default Easy go 2009 rxv gas

EASY GO 2009 RXV GAS WONT START CLICKS. SELENOID WAS BAD TWO BIG POST NO CONUNITY. Replaced selenoid started several times. Doing same thing clicks but no power on starter side of selenoid big terminals what is burning up selenoids thanks for any help.
mike hardigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2021, 12:13 PM   #2
CatCam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Easy go 2009 rxv gas

What solenoid did you replace it with? If an aftermarket one that is not a Continuous Run Solenoid it will only work a few times and then die. So make sure it is a continuous and not an Intermittent Solenoid. Also if you got an eBay solenoid that is Chinese Garbage.....to get the real deal it will cost you about $50 or so. The Good ones are made by Trombetta I believe they make them for ROHX in the RHOX SOL-1008 14V flavor.
CatCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #3
CatCam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just looked at mine and it is a Trombetta 784-1421-020 ROHS 14 V/CONT

Hopefully this helps or you can cross reference it.

IT is a 14V, not a 12V!
Old 04-05-2021, 06:38 PM   #4
mike hardigree
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info it was a ebay 12.00 one. i bought one at golf cart plade today it was32.00 but i s made in china 14volts. boughe a new peddle switch also. thanks if this dont work ill see if i can find one like u have
mike hardigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #5
CatCam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also, you may want to check the brushes on your Generator/Starter. This is also an easy to do project, The brushes (4 of them) are about $45 but mine were worn down to where 2 of them were only "nubs". This condition actually puts more wear and tear on your start solenoid because you are engaging it a lot more to actually get your starter to turn and start the engine. There are youTube videos on how to do this - I did mine and then I did my neighbors cart. From what I gather these are two items that you will have to do as a cart owner.
Best of luck to you and keep us informed of the progress.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #6
CatCam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also, EZGO part number 620962 will work too. This is a Trombetta Solenoid.

The brushes I used for my Starter/Generator were these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-AM...cAAOSwvQRbThdU

Just make sure that you starter/Generator model is compatible.

This is the YouTube video, the brushes on the video are a different size but the replacement is the same. I used some scotchbrite to lightly clean the commutator. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb1JF-kvlU
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO