lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Lee
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf Cart Battery Equaliser

Just wanted to let everyone know I tried the Battery Equaliser, am amazed at the results. I have a 400 foot driveway and used to be able to only make about
1 1/2 trips before adding the "snake oil" I followed the instructions to a "T" and after 5 dis-and recharges, get this, I am able to go 20 to 30 round trips without any noticeable change in speed. Plus my batteries
charge fasted than before. Awesome stuff!! It really works. I found it
on line at electronics-n-more. 12 oz bottles, cheaper than 6 oz anywhere else. bought 3 to treat my 6, 6 volters, plus shipping, It cost
less than the cost of one new battery. AWESOME!!

Lee

Last edited by Lee; 10-09-2007 at 03:04 PM..
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Battery Equaliser

I used the same stuff in a truck battery for my diesel. Its been on there 6 months or so and cranking just fine. I thought the same thing myself..."snake oil".. Couldn't possibly work...It was free so why not try it on a dead battery...well...it worked. I may try it on the set I have in my Club Car just for testing purpose. I'm not gonna go around and tell everyone they simply must try it because 'it may or may not work" for everyone. It all depends on what kind of shape the batteries are in.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
Lee
Not Yet Wild

The factory website states that it will not work on shorted cells, but works
on any badly sulfated battery. Worked for me! Next I am going to try it in
my 3 12v motor home house batteries. My batteries are 5 years old in the v-glide, so it must be doing something to get my results?

Dosage
12 Volt Car Battery - 1/2 oz. per cell
12 Volt Deep Cycle Battery - 1 oz. per cell
6 Volt Car Battery - 1 oz. per cell
6 Volt Golf Cart Battery - 2 oz. per cell
12 Volt Large Truck Battery - 2 oz, per cell (8HD or 8D)
24-36-48 Volt Forklift Battery - 3 1/2 oz. per cell
STN & 6TL Batteries - For Military Use 1 oz. per cell

Last edited by roady89; 10-13-2007 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 10-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

I'll be anxious to see how long the effects will last.
IMO, it's a stop gap and will give marginal batteries a few more cycles but in the end, you can't deny the chemistry facts.

The "damage" done by cycling the batteries causes permanent and irreversible damage to the plates......no flames please....it's just how it works.

The key will be how long does the "snake oil" do the job because if'n I were a betting man the treated batteries WILL return to their prior state. Question is when and where?

The snake oil IMO just gives you a bit more time (<-- not a bad thing) to save your pennies for a new set that you WILL be buying. Go ahead and plan on it.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Once you use the stuff and the battery craps out again, thats probably it...not gonna get anymore life out of them. But your right..it will give you enough time to save your money to get a new set. The bottle I use was around $9 and would only do 1 battery. I used it on my truck battery only because I didn't have the cash to buy a new one on me and figured since I had this stuff why not give it a shot. That was a while back and its still going strong.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
Lee
Not Yet Wild

Everything Ive read states TWICE the battery life, but you are right when its done its done. But its working now so what the heck?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I haven't read up on it but does twice the life mean batteries that puke after 5 yrs and get treated will now last 10?

Does it say anything about new batteries as a preventative measure?

I replace jetski batteries every year no matter how well I maintain them over the winter.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
Lee
Not Yet Wild

There website states that it will double battery life? It also says not recommended for new batteries as they have no sulfide build up I guess?
Only info I have is from personal use. Aren't your batteries sealed?
Anyway it was a cheap try for me to try, as I didn't have an extra $500
for batteries at the time. Only time will tell, as I'm only out $56.95 for
3 12oz bottles.
check the website at Battery Equaliser.com
Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
as I'm only out $56.95 for
3 12oz bottles.
check the website at Battery Equaliser.com
They have 32oz bottles for $40...one of those and a 12oz bottle for $12.39 is a few dollars cheaper and you end up with 8 more ounces. That might be enough to do another battery.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
stevebo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf Cart Battery Equaliser

I just bought a 2001 cart, Haven't checked the date yet on the batteries (trogen) but it set with discharged batteries for a year or two, Won't hold a charge for over 10 to 12 min. would this help them or do they have a different problem? Thanks for any response, Steve
stevebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car