lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Mounting Lights on the TXT

When I get my paint job right, the next job will be to cut in the head/tail lights.

When you cut your head lights in, did you have reservations about doing it?
All I got with mine was a template, so I'm just a little concerned about cutting.
Does the top line on the template go even with the inset that runs along the front section of the cowl? Would that be a good point to line it up?
I'm also concerned about the measurement from the center line to the center edge of the whole for the light. You know, one cut to far in or out and the curve of the light doesn't work.

Thanks, in advance, for any help regarding this.

Randy
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mounting Lights on the TXT

Randy, yer killin me here, probably should have cut in the lights before the painting it but oh well. The key here is start cutting small and keep checking the hole with the light to make sure it doesn't get to big.It's kind of like cutting lumber, "measure twice cut once".
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, master66. I am going to mask real well around the lines drawn from the template. I'm also going to use my dremmel with the cut off wheel, so I won't be vibrating the plastic body at all. I'll also keep in mind, heat build up, so I'll cut one area a little and move to another part of the pattern.

One would probably even think I was born butt first!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post

One would probably even think I was born butt first!
No one around here thinks that, as far as you know.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

You guys are a hoot! Wow, didn't that sound so 70's?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
GHBG35
Not Yet Wild

I just did this weekend before last, I cut out the template and used a wax pencil to trace onto the cart. I purposely cut short, because I was hestitant in cutting into a nice paint job. Like you Hindsite is 20/20. Once happy I used 2" masking tape to cover the good side of the cart, and used a Jig Saw (even sprung for a new blade) to cut out rough template, then a lot of trial fit and sanding with belt sander. It was more nerve racking than difficult.

For some unknown bone head move I started form the outside of the cart, so Make sure you start from the center and measure out. If it is the same lights as me they do leave quite a lot on either side for the stupid factor.

In actuality the lights would fit better if they were closer in. So I suggest a quick search here for pictures and use them as guide. Something I did not do.
GHBG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Nice lookin cart GHBG35

Gorno, pot and kettle
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Nice lookin cart GHBG35

Gorno, pot and kettle
Now that theres funny
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHBG35 View Post
I just did this weekend before last, I cut out the template and used a wax pencil to trace onto the cart. I purposely cut short, because I was hestitant in cutting into a nice paint job. Like you Hindsite is 20/20. Once happy I used 2" masking tape to cover the good side of the cart, and used a Jig Saw (even sprung for a new blade) to cut out rough template, then a lot of trial fit and sanding with belt sander. It was more nerve racking than difficult.

For some unknown bone head move I started form the outside of the cart, so Make sure you start from the center and measure out. If it is the same lights as me they do leave quite a lot on either side for the stupid factor.
In actuality the lights would fit better if they were closer in. So I suggest a quick search here for pictures and use them as guide. Something I did not do.
Beautiful cart! And thanks for the advice.

I always try to learn from others. Life is too short to make all the mistakes myself!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #10
GHBG35
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Beautiful cart! And thanks for the advice.

I always try to learn from others. Life is too short to make all the mistakes myself!
Thankyou sir, adding the additional lights put too much on the current inline fuse. So I am adding an Accessory battery and a fuse block this weekend. Plus my back up alarm has stopped working, while it has been peaceful the big question is why. Good luck with the lights, they work so much better than the freedom light bar.
GHBG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO