lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
muckinfonkey
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default EZGO won't go

I have an 01(ish) EZGO.....When the F/R switch is engaged so is the solenoide, whether you push the accelerator or not. I checked continuity on the micro switch under the mat and it appears to be working properly. The cart will not move at all. It has an Alltrax controller in it from a few years ago when I had to replace it. The green light comes on the controller. The thing with the solenoide is strange to me.....I have had them stick when they go bad...but not like this. It is like the solenoide is fine but the wiring is messed up somewhere. Has anyone had this problem....and ideas?
muckinfonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO won't go

What do you mean? When you put it in forward or reverse that the cart takes off?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
FJCRUZR
E-Z-FUN

E-Z-GO

Maybe a picture here would be in order!
Did you install the Alltrax or did someone before you did?
When was it working last??

Look at me trying to be the expert here...
Sorry Mike...
FJCRUZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You're doing great! Keep going

Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
muckinfonkey
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The cart will not go....the solenoide will engage but the cart won't move. I put the alltrax in about 3 years ago, and haven't had any problems til now. The customer said "It was working fine, but then it was like the governor kicked in and it would barely move" (their words not mine ;)
Old 09-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you a shop? Or is this your cart? Do you know how to check to see if voltage is going through the controller? Have you 'jumped' to solenoid to see if you have power?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
muckinfonkey
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am not a shop really... I do carts on the side for a private township, I maintain about 150ish carts for the residents. I have a lot of experience with carts but when it comes to the more technical elements with controls I run into troubles...(so...more frequently lately) I don't know about "jumping" to the controller....I just know that the solenoid engages whenever it is put into gear with the key on....the cart does not move at all though. The controller's green light is on. There is 39.8 volts going to the solenoid, and it engages when put into gear, and disengages when put back into neutral every time. It seems like something messed up in the wiring....but no one has messed with it from the time when it was working properly til now....so I am pretty stuck. I was hoping that this was maybe a known problem and that someone would recognize it....I just hate throwing parts at problems...
Thanks..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO