lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #11
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Progress

I'm not sure if i should continue on this thread or start a new one but here is some of the progress so far.
I preped all the rust areas and coated the frame and all metal body parts with a 2 part epoxy bedliner. The gator guard bed liner coated and stuck really well. Now i am waiting on my lift kit, controller, and cables to try to put everything back together. Nearly all fastners on the cart were severly rusted so I think it going to be a challenge putting it back together.
Thanks to everyone for the help and input. Ill keep yall posted as I go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA260010.jpg (104.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg PA260011.jpg (113.9 KB, 14 views)
Gerardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #12
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intro, newbie needs advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eparker View Post
From one newbie to another.
For the rust I would use a product called POR 15. It reacts with the rust and turns almost to a super hard glass like finish. Hot Rodders us it all the time.
You should be able to find it at a quality auto parts store.
Paint Over Rust 15. nothing like it works good on lawn mower decks on the underside too.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

looking great there
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #14
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Keep the pics coming !!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you will like the Jakes 3' spindle lift kit I ran a few of those with 20" tires and was able to offroad ok without sacraficing alot of torque and power....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ok, I ran into a little snag. I am trying to install the rear lift on the cart and i am unable to remove the leaf spring. I removed the bolt on the rear leaf spring that is closest to the front, but I cannot remove the one in the rear. If you look at the first photo i am trying to remove the bottom bolt. i removed the nut but cannot get the bolt to loosen. Does this bolt just slide out or am i doing something wrong. Just dont want to break anything.
Other than this little snag I really like the kit. The front went on without a hitch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0495.jpg (86.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.jpg (104.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0497.jpg (94.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #17
eparker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It should just slide out.(in therory). Take any kind of spray lube...like Blaster and wet it really good so it drips....Then take a large ratchet and a 32 foot cheeter bar (really use long handle ratchet or pipe and a strong impact type socket and just work it back and forth. It should loosen and then drive it out.
I have had to heat them (a propane torch) until the rubber inside started to melt and then drive it out. Caution....don't heat it until you have removed any spray lube or you could get more heat than you ask for.....FIRE...
One other thing some have a metal sleeve inside the rubber bushings. I have had to heat them and then cut them out with a hack saw on cars. You can as a last resort (or when you get mad enough)
just cut the end off the bolt on both sides between the spring and the hanger with a sawzall or hack saw and take out and deal with it on the work bench.

Hope it helps....
eparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #18
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Probem Solved! After a good night sleep i figured i could just maneuver the motor and axel around the springs. I remove the bolt on the one side of the spring that i could get out and just moved the axel. It wasnt to difficult.
Got my controller and cables in yesterday and started installing them. It was like Christmas morning. Ill post some pics this evening of everything installed.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #19
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Still a work in progress but everything is put back together, for the most part, and It works!
Now I need to get Some Tires and Wheels. Are 20" tires the biggest that I can run with the 3" jakes spindle lift kit?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0507.jpg (87.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0508.jpg (88.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #20
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

nice cart man --im going in the same boat as you --i just got mine and im in the process of taking it apart..
dropnbombs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez go medalist 95
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO