lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Double O
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Age of "NEW" Batteries

I went to Sam's yesterday to price batteries for my cart and I noticed that all of their batteries were old. Some were marked as far back as 2/09. Is that normal? Or does the Sam's by me not sell enough of them to need restocking?

I guess my main question is, when buying "NEW" batteries, does it matter how old they are since they have never been used?
Double O is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
krazycolors
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Age of "NEW" Batteries

I wouldn't buy golf cart batteries from Sam's... not even if they said 5/11.. A good battery I wouldn't be worried... A sam's battery..its now 11/9 I'd say the life of those are about 1/3 done.
krazycolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Age of "NEW" Batteries

IMO I would try to stick with batteries that have 3 months or less on the date code.
The Sam's brand of batteries (Energizers) are a pretty good battery and priced about 40% less than Trojans. Will they last as long? A lot depends on battery maintenance, poorly maintained Trojans won't last long either.
I have 04 Trojans in my cart and 02 Energizers in my boat and both are holding up nicely.
Trojan does have the reputation of the best battery and is promoted on this forum as THE BEST. Many members here are running Energizers with good results and when it comes time to change mine, I will probably go the Sam's Club route as well.
The difference between $420 and $650 is just too much for me.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO