lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger, OBC, Where Do I Start?

'03 DS. Purchased a few weeks ago with original batteries and charger. Put new batteries in and it's been perfect until today. Plugged in the charger after a few holes and nothing happened. No needle deflection, no buzz, nothing. Where do I start?

Current battery state is 50.4 volts. Bypassed the built-in circuit breaker on the charger and the transformer buzzes normally. Fuse on gray wire in cart is good. Cart has lights and they work fine.

What's next?
okiefolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Charger, OBC, Where Do I Start?

For further info, I just tried the OBC reset procedure and never could get the reverse buzzer to sound. I also tried this a couple of weeks ago when I put the new batteries in and had the same result. OBC?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Does the reverse buzzer sound any other time? Either case its the OBC or relay in charger. Have you ran the ground to the last negative in the pack to test the relay in the charger?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

I guess I should also add that the cart still runs normally since it's still charged.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the reverse buzzer operates normally.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Have you ran the ground to the last negative in the pack to test the relay in the charger?
No, I haven't done that. Can you explain more?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice&jessica View Post
I've connected a negative jumper cable to the grey wire fuse to the negative (rear Driver side) and the charger turns on

This will be the end leading to the charger NOT to the OBC.

If when you plug the charger in and the relay does not click and the charger does not come on the relay is bad. If it comes on and starts charging either the OBC is bad or OBC possibly can be reset.

You said you couldn't get the reverse buzzer to sound when trying to reset the OBC...has it ever worked and does it work now?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
This will be the end leading to the charger NOT to the OBC.

If when you plug the charger in and the relay does not click and the charger does not come on the relay is bad. If it comes on and starts charging either the OBC is bad or OBC possibly can be reset.

You said you couldn't get the reverse buzzer to sound when trying to reset the OBC...has it ever worked and does it work now?
No, when I plug it in it no longer clicks or does anything. I bypassed the relay by pulling the black wire off the relay out and attaching it directly to the circuit breaker out. That's how I got the transformer to buzz.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If when you plug the charger in and the relay does not click and the charger does not come on the relay is bad
A bad relay sounds a lot better than a bad OBC. Where can I get one?
Old 05-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
okiefolkie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I tried the reset procedure a couple of times when I got the cart a few weeks ago and never got any response. I didn't worry about it since everything seemed to be operating normally. I tried it again today and still nothing. The reverse buzzer itself works fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car