lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #21
roady89

That charger is only on an auto timer, not "Full Auto"..so it WILL KICK ON if it isn't plugged in. It WILL NOT show much voltage until its plugged into the cart. So when you plug it in how much voltage do you have across the pack?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #22
fastjim11
Gone Wild

yesterday it was showing 36.7 or so.
fastjim11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #23
daw
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: charger voltage

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum and need some help. I realize this is an old post but I have this same charger. I was charging batteries yesterday and heard a loud pop out in the garage. I found that the charger smelled burnt and some liquid had come out of the top vents and seeping out on the front around the power cord and charging cord. The charger was still on and had a low humm but the needle was on zero. Previously when I would connect the charger to the cart if it had the low humm and needle on zero I could wiggle the connection and a much louder humm would happen, the needle would jump up and the charger would start charging. I would be grateful if someone could tell me the problem or tell me how to troubleshoot the problem.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjim11 View Post
aha...got it! Couldn't see it in acid green!

daw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #24
wizardtroy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: charger voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastjim11 View Post
How much total voltage should I be reading at the plug of my 36 volt battery charger? For instance 36.7, 42, 44.5 what will my voltmeter read unplugged at the connection of the charger itself.
42 to 46 volts.
wizardtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO