lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
NateDogg1955
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie - Should I buy 36V or 48V cart?

Hello,

I have an opportunity to buy a 2006 EZGO 36V cart for about $1500. The cart is all original and in good shape. Its primary function will be to haul a family of 4 around our country subdivision for "social gatherings" (usually involves beer!)

I would immediately plan add a rear seat/platform and eventually add a lift kit, lights and stereo.

I have also been quoted $2500 for a stock 2006 Precedent 48V cart.

Knowing very little about carts, and other than the obvious difference in voltage, can you give me some pros / cons of owning a 36V cart? Speed, torque, construction, etc...

Thanks!
Nate
NateDogg1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie - Should I buy 36V or 48V cart?

Like ford or chevy everybody has their preferences ..... I prefer the ezgo and at that price you could put new batteries in it and still be in it for less $ than the other cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
huntinghawk
Gone Wild

Get the EZGO & when its time for new batteries then upgrade to 48v.
Ross
huntinghawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
nuke doctor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello Nate Dog,

dont be scared grasshopper... go get that baby. In less than 8 hours you can be cruising the streets pounding beers in the hood. From what i have read there will be more than enough power to add the seat and lift kit. You could even consider painting it red. Red is a very sharp color for a golf cart. Heck I bet there is even a Subject Matter Expert or 2 living close to help with all your upgrades....... So hope in that truck and dont look back....
nuke doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
NateDogg1955
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Nuke Doctor. As a "matt"er of fact, there are a couple subject matter experts in the neighborhood, and I'd have to agree - red is a sharp color for a cart! Will be making phone calls soon. More to come. Thanks to all for your advice.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
OlManRivah
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I've got an '06 Ezgo PDS with 36volts. It'll climb any hill the tires can get traction on with no problem. Don't let 36volts be a deciding factor if power is questioned.
OlManRivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I started with an 2005 metalist for $900. It is the one pictured in the avatar with the TXT body now. Mine has a rear seat and I've carried 4 people tooling around for 8 years on 36V. I've upgraded components on the cart and the cart runs 20mph now. I'm finally getting to upgrade to 48V. But you can get alot of miles on 36V if the price is right. I sure have.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
nuke doctor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I can hear the fear in your words grasshopper. Listen to your heart before it tells you goodbye. Rumor has it there is a Walnut Creek 500 race tomorrow. You don't want to be the one on the side of the road wishing " MAN THAT COULD BE ME "
nuke doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
NateDogg1955
Not Yet Wild

You are wise Nuke Dr. But beware, Jimbo down the road has his cart hopped up a bit. Rumor has it, it's on the juice. Better throw another battery under the seat!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The picture in my avatar is a 95 metalist I originally bought for $900 about 8 years ago. Before I bought this cart someone got in a fight with a drunkin tree. The metal body was dented up pretty bad so I was told a newer TXT body would work on the metalist frame. So I change the body. I've upgraded to 500 amp controller, white rogers HD solenoid, HD F/R switch, and a GE 4600 rpm motor. My cart runs 20mph with me in it @ 260lbs. These upgrades have costed $1500 without the price of a set of 6 new Trojan T-105's. batteries were about $650 or so. I put alot of miles on my 36V cart and have never looked back. I rode mine stock for several years with no maintenance other than a charge. If the price is right buy it.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO