lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Re: what is the best programming for an alltrax controller

interesting you say that. i am on the D&D website and they do not list a motor for an EZ-GO 48 volt system with regen. I will call them tomorrow morning, but that would be great if I could just get 8volt batteries and keep all the new parts i just installed. even with new batteries, i should see an improvement in the ability to climb up hills, ...yes?
Do any of you have a radio installed in your cart? where do you have it grounded? everytime i press the gas pedal, static overtakes the radio because i have it grounded on a negative terminal on one of my batteries. thinking I need to ground it on the frame.
mookiemoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: what is the best programming for an alltrax controller

and by the way, how do you run a 48volt system on a 36v motor? isn't that too much voltage for the rating on that motor? i could not even find a 48volt motor on their website for electric EZ-GO
Old 07-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok let me answer both posts at once......

NEVER ground to the frame of an electric cart..... bad ju ju when you do that..... the cart has a "floating ground" system. I said it earlier, Radio Shack has a line noise filter that will help some for the radio, another good idea is to make sure your radio power wires are run as far away from the controller as possible.

As for running 48 volts, most motors are dual voltage rated, and even those that aren't, can usually handle the extra 12 volts without any issue.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

great. thank you. i went to best buy this morning but all they had was filters for speakers. i will try radio shack. i have the radio positive lead tapped in to the aux power outlet pos wire and the neg tapped off of the neg battery lead. i will try and put it further away on a different battery.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #15
Treyfus
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I've got the D&D 505 (I think?)...and the Alltrax 400DCX and I upgraded to 48volt no problem. It increased my speed and torque dramatically. I dont think you'll get the torque you're looking for without upgrading to 48v...so go for it!
Treyfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
mookiemoo
Not Yet Wild

was that motor a 36v motor or were you running 36v through it originally?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO